Friday, June 17, 2005

A Shout-Out to My Husband


Jim on our wedding day
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
I just wanted to tell the world how much I love my husband. Since we aren't parents and I can't technically celebrate Father's Day for him, I want to send a special "I Love You" his way.

I am very lucky because Jim and I share so many common interests. We both love comic books, movies, and my nephews, but not neccesarily in that order! We can talk for hours about our favorite titles and debate the characterization of our favorite heroes and heroines. We also love to spend time together just relaxing. There is nothing better then sleeping in and just putting my head on his shoulder.

I also celebrate our differences. I love to work out and obsess about what I eat; he knows when he is full and stays slendor by walking every day. His favorite movie genres are horror and 60's exploitation; mine are raunchy comedies and chick flicks. I live to multi-task; he likes to do a perfect job on each task he performs.

Marriage is a common thing, but to find the person who is your soul mate is rare. I have found that in Jim and I like to think he has found it in me. I feel like a whole person when I am with him, and I feel like I can conquer the world. The peace of mind and completeness he gives me is the greatest gift I can ever receive.

Jim, I want you to know I love you and I appreciate you. I am the number one fan of your writing, and am constantly amazed at how creative you are. I think your blog is informative and entertaining, and I can hardly wait to read it. I especially love knowing that at night I get to go with you to our home- our special space.

For all you guys out there who may not be dads, here is a shout-out to all of you, but especially to my wonderful, handsome husband Jim. Our fifth wedding anniversary is coming up and I can hardly wait!

No comments: