Thursday, February 12, 2009

NO New Comics for February 11

Yesterday was a milestone in my comic book collecting career. I had no books to pick up. Zero. Nada. Zip. For the first time in over 15 years, a week has come and gone with nothing new on the pull list. I feel pretty numb about it. It is both awful and satisfying at the same time. It is awful because one of my favorite things has been put on the back burner but it is good because it really does show that I am saving money.

I feel like I am at a crossroads of sorts. I really wish I could go back to the old days, but it just isn't possible. Maybe down the road. In the meantime, here is my wishlist of books to pick up someday... maybe.

Action Comics #874
Batman #686
Fables #81- I really miss this book
Nightwing #153- the series is almost ended.
Darkness #75

That is it. I would have only had five books if I hadn't changed my pull list. Maybe some of the titles I buy are ending and maybe some have changed in quality so much that I simply don't pick them up anymore.

Sorry to be on a downer here. I wish things were different. Did any of you pick up anything you enjoyed that I should consider getting in the future?

3 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Nope, I'm in the same boat. :-( I just keep reading other peoples' reviews and filing away information for (possibly) picking up trades when they're published. Not picking up Green Lantern Corps Wednesday is just KILLING me!

Swinebread said...

I'm inching closer... I just quit a bunch of titles including previews

If don't know what's coming how can I miss it right?

(we'll I guess there still is the net)

Lisa said...

Fables issue was sad. Not one to miss. I'd never take that comic off my list. It's one of the best out there.