Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Working Out with a Trainer

Tonight was the first time I have ever worked out with a personal trainer. It was pretty cool, as Rob was able to check my form and make sure I was breathing right. I joined Golds Gym in mid-November and part of the sign up is getting two full personal training sessions. I had no idea what to expect, and am pleasantly surprised. He was able to tell me how I need to train to achieve the goals I am looking for. He also gave me core exercises that I can do when I am in a hurry.

I am going to enter the Golds Gym fitness contest in January, because I am sick of being slightly overweight. Also, I need stress release in a major way, and this is as good as it gets. To top it off, I achieve cardio fitness, and hopefully keep my arteries flowing with perfect synchronicity. My biggest problem has always been overeating rather then exercising, so that will be the biggest challenge to overcome.

As I gear up for this, I may have thoughts from time to time. It is sure to be pretty time consuming, but I know the longterm goal will be worth it. My co-worker actually won the contest four years ago, and is very supportive, which is super helpful.

On a final note, tomorrow is comic book day, so I am pretty psyched. I am also glad it is hump day as this has been the week from Hell!

Take care all!

No comments: