Thursday, April 10, 2008

Random Thoughts and Musings

I just got done reading Wonder Woman #19 and something struck a chord with me. Gail Simone is writing Diana's relationship with Nemesis in a perfect way. Having Wonder Woman take the lead last issue was a nice touch. It felt more realistic then most relationships she has had. Simone took into consideration the history of the Amazons and the fact that with no female/male relationships to really compare to they would make their own rituals. I also really appreciated that Wonder Woman didn't cling to Tom. She is a super hero and she went off to do her thing rather then pining for her man. Taking Etta along and focusing on the business at hand felt right to me with regards to Diana. She is very busy and she needs a man who knows how to prioritize. Thumbs up here.

The hubby and I got a Midtown Comics order in the mail today. We were quite thrilled as our local retailer had missed several comics we had ordered. We filled in what we needed and as an extra bonus I got the second issue of Comic Foundry with Matt Fraction on the cover. I am dying to read it, since I have heard so much about the first issue on the internet. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.

I got home a bit earlier tonight and am very happy about that. My hope is to read a few comics and watch NBC's Thursday night line up now that Earl and The Office are back. Yay!

By the way, Rock of Love 2 finale is Sunday night. It is down to Ambre versus Daisy. While I prefer Ambre's personality, I have a sneaking suspisicion that Daisy will win. Bret can't resist her hot body.

Have a great night and I will see you back here tomorrow!

2 comments:

Swinebread said...

I wife loves that show... and she doesn't even know who Bret Michaels is

Heidi Meeley said...

Swinebread, that is awesome! It's got to be the crazy chicks and their drama, huh? It is like a car wreck- you want to look away but you can't!