Saturday, September 27, 2008

Random Thoughts and Musings- Saturday Edition

I have officially started on my new outside poll so I am very happy. I interviewed a couple of guys at a different fitness facility and hit a few up at the local Red Robin. My next goal is to do interviews at the grocery store and possibly out in the middle of a grain field. Seriously. It should be rad.

I have been trying to catch up with comic reading this week, and I was pleasantly surprised by True Believers, a Marvel five issue mini written by Cary Bates with art by Paul Gulacy. I have read the first two issues and am hoping to do a review after checking out the third. I love Gulacy's style, and Bates is a legend in my mind, so this is very cool.

The first issue of Secret Six made me smile. Writer Gail Simone has teamed up with artist Nicola Scott again and I am thrilled. The scene at the grocery store was especially good. If you haven't read Secret Six, I cannot stress enough how good it is.

Last night Jim and I watched the new episode of True Blood on HBO. I am enjoying it, while Jim is still cautiously optimistic. Anna Paquin as Sookie Stackhouse is a revelation. It is nice to see her playing a grown up.

Tonight I am going to run away and make a little extra money driving truck. I would rather go see Foreigner at the Central Washington State Fair but it is not meant to be. Bummer.

On that note, I am headed out to run some errands and take off. I will do my interviews and really hope to post my poll results tomorrow. If you want to keep up with convention news, the Baltimore Comicon is this weekend, and both Newsarama and Comic Book Resources are posting reports.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: