Here is a brief list of things that have me looking forward to this year in comic books. This is not in order of excitement level, just a mixed bag.
1. DC Countdown. I am wondering who Batman is holding in his arms? I am also looking forward to seeing where this takes things as a result of Identity Crisis.
2. Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith. God help me, I am a fanatic. I have to know how our favorite badass got that way! Please don't disappoint me George Lucas. (Sorry, not exactly comic book related, but close.)
3. Ron Marz on Witchblade. After a really mediocre last couple of years, I am looking forward to seeing this title rejuvenated, and I think Ron can do it. Letting past writers ignore continuity in favor of a new spin has been a terrible mistake in the past, and I hope it isn't repeated. I also am crossing my fingers that the book gets put out regularly, according to Previews.
4. Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. Brain Azzarello is the man, and I am anxious to see his take on Lex. The art by Lee Bermejo should only enhance the experience.
5. Shanna, The She Devil by Frank Cho. If I can't get my hands on Liberty Meadows, I'll take a newly censored version of Shanna by Cho. I was lucky enough to see some preview pages way back when after meeting the man himself, and it looks incredible. Frank IS THE boob man of comics (sorry Adam Hughes).
6. Incredible Hulk with PeterDavid writing. I loved his run, and really have always felt he understands the Hulk to a depth many others can only aspire to. It is with great joy and anticipation I await the master's return.
7. I want to know what is going to happen to Kyle Rayner. Nuff said.
8. Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers "comic book event". I love you Grant! Your twisted, trancendental mind makes for A+ storytelling. Imagine if they let this man take over the DCU for a year? Of course, the image of Wonder Woman teaching Batman tantric techniques comes to mind, so maybe not.
9. Wonder Woman series. Greg Rucka has made me a happy camper with his take on Diana. I am having faith that the next year of storytelling is going to take her to the next level and establish her alongside Batman and Superman.
10. Rising Stars #24. It's about freakin' time! I was getting really angry at the dicking around for two years with just three issues left concept.
11. Phil Jimenez back on the scene with projects. I see that there is a Vertigo title from Phil called Otherworld that is coming out in March. The other rumor I hear is that Phil is bringing back Donna Troy. That would be super, and it would make me an even bigger fanboy then I already am.
As of today, these are the things I am buzzed about. As new projects are revealed, I am sure there will be more to get amped about.
What's your take?