Sunday, May 20, 2007

Gotta Love It: The Cover to JLA #12


JLA 12 Cover by Ross
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
I know I am getting a bit overexcited about covers today, but this is fantastic. Alex Ross is once again making my day. This sensational cover of the current Justice League of America is everything I hoped it would be.

I love the fact that Wonder Woman is in the middle, and I love her pose. I also love Red Arrow getting ready to fire his arrow. The best bit though? Black Canary motioning us forward, mentally willing us to give it our best shot. That is cool.

Two times in one day I am giddy. Extra coolness: Are they standing in front of the Hall of Justice? Classic touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic art! I still love everything Alex Ross cranks out for DC (despite some getting tired of it). I also like what he's done with Black Canary. In a way, I almost see her with an almost "motherly" sense of pride for Red Arrow...kinda like she's sending out "her boy" to kick some butt.

Heidi Meeley said...

Mark, I was thinking very similarly to you on BC. She has always been there for Roy, so to see her next to him is poignant.

I just can't wait to see this done in a poster. I hope DC does one!