Friday, July 22, 2005

Birthday Jinx??!!

Today is my 39th birthday, and it has been a comedy of errors since minute one. Much to my chagrin, thinking the 40th one next year would be a rough one, I think my biological clock messed up and signaled it a year too soon. Examples...

This morning I went to go get my driver's license renewed. I took the WORST picture ever. I am cringing just looking at it.

I went and worked out for an hour afterwards to try and take my mind off said picture. Afterwards, I went and weighed myself. The scale said I had gained 4 pounds, even though I have been on a hardcore diet for the last week and a half. Hmmmm...

I came home to take Jim to work, and was almost late for my haircut appointment.

My hair stylist, who after 15 years, has become a friend to me, lectured me and questioned my life in general. "So you're not going to have kids" and "when is ______ going to get their license" and "why, why, why" were the drill of the day. She pretty much told me my hair and style were bad too.

I made the mistake of renting Million Dollar Baby. If I was depressed before, you can imagine that afterwards, things were much bleaker!!

Then I decided to go on a house cleaning bender to clear my head. I guess I can see why my hair stylist was questioning the state of my head. Weird, huh?

It is only 5:30 p.m. and I am dreading the rest of the day!! Cross your fingers for me and say a prayer that the cloud floating over me disappears!

Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

HARUNA said...

Hi;D I'm Haruna in Japan.
I read your blog. So cute;D
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
I created my blog, if you are interested in it, come to my homepage;)

Heidi Meeley said...

Thank you Haruna! I like your blog a lot! You have put a lot of work into it, and it shows your great personality! I added it to my favorite places and plan to visit regularly.

Thank you for the compliment! I appreciate the birthday wishes as well!

Have a wonderful day and keep in touch!