Friday, April 14, 2006

Get In Shape: Week 12- The Weigh Out

Well, it's finally in the can. I weighed and measured out of the contest yesterday morning. I did my individual stats in the morning and went back and took our team picture in the evening. It was a grueling, but rewarding experience.

Wednesday night I was on the treadmill for an hour and a half while trying to dehydrate. Yes, that's right- I was purposely doing it. Then I went home and tried not to drink anything while eating a small piece of sirloin. By Thursday morning at 6:30 a.m. when I was doing my half hour body pump, my mouth tasted like crap. I weighed out at 7 a.m . and massive doses of water soon followed.

Here is the damage:

Weight Loss: 21 lbs.
Body Fat loss: 7 percent
Inches lost off waist: 8
Inches lost off hips: 5
Inches lost off thighs: 3

Whew!

When I did my calculations, I figured that I lost about a half a pound of lean mass. The rest of the weight was all fat, which is why the number of inches decreased so significantly. This makes me very happy, because this is what I was striving for. I wanted what I lost to be fat instead of burning off the crucial muscle. Yay!

I would actually add two pounds back on after rehydrating, so in future calculations, don't be surprised if I adjust back, according to my regular weigh ins. This means I weigh at night and let it stand.

At any rate, I am very pleased with my results and would like to continue on this path for about another 20 lbs. That should put me right where I want to be, with spectacular muscle cuts and the ability to bear my midriff if I ever get brave enough.

I find out Monday night if our team wins, and if I place at all individually. My co-worker Rick, who is also a teammate, did so well that I think he will surpass me in the individual, but the fact that we are on the same team with two other folks who did an equally great job gives me hope for a strong finish there.

Un "get in shape" wise, Jim and I are staying in town this weekend, so I will be back with rants and thought provoking, argumentative posts. I am still fired up about the whole sexual assault thing, so I have a lot to say, and it may surprise you.

In the meantime, take care and have a wonderful Friday!

No comments: