Saturday, December 29, 2007

Must Have Book for GL Fans: Green Lantern/ Sinestro Corps SecretFiles & Origins #1

Yesterday at the comic book store, I had a pretty hefty tab, so I was really considering not picking up the Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps Secret Files book.

Then I picked it up and looked through it. I couldn't believe my eyes.

The book was chock full of information on many of the members of the GL corps, as well as documenting the Sinestro corps. Beyond that, there were items on the Guardians and all the information about Green Lanterns I could have asked. This is, quite simply, a handbook for readers of the GL titles.

At $4.99, this book carries a sizable price tag, but it is also one of those rare occasions where the price is justified. Filled with gorgeous art and fantastic bits of trivia, this is the book to have.

Have any of the rest of you picked this up?

9 comments:

James Schee said...

Does it have any stories in it, or is it only bio stuff?

Johnny Bacardi said...

I didn't, but I'm one of the unconverted heathen.

Heidi Meeley said...

James, it is mostly bio stuff. I would most definitely call it a handbook in that sense. There was a five page story a little over halfway through the book.

What I found extremely fascinating was the detail in this issue. It is excellent reference material for diehard GL fans.

Thank you!

Heidi Meeley said...

Johnny b, that is okay. To each his own and all that.. :-)

Vaklam said...

Yep, I got it. No big surprise since I'm a HUGE GLC fan and I'm a sucker for these handbook-types comics.

I'm with you, Heidi. It's got great stuff in it.

Nick said...

Picked it up, just in case my comic shipment was delayed due to Holidays..LOOOVE IT!

Lots of bios and a story and...well I guess it's confirmed now, the Anti-Monitor IS the entity for the Black Lantern.

Totally off-topic but, you get a chance to read the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash title?

Heidi Meeley said...

Vaklam, it is definitely a great piece of work. I am glad you loved it too!!

Heidi Meeley said...

Nick, I was actually thinking about you when I picked the book up, and remembering how much you loved issue #25! I was hoping you would enjoy it too, and am happy to see you did!

I didn't pick up Freddy vs Jason vs Ash, but my hubby did. I will have to see if I can get him to come on here and comment!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this book. I'm normally pretty leary about Secret Files books, but this one was well worth the cover price. Lots of writing and research obviously went into it.