Monday, December 17, 2007

New Comics for December 19


Immortal Iron Fist #11
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Holy Crap. Christmas Eve is a week from today. This month has flown by! I am thanking God that I finally got my Christmas cards done and my shopping finished. Just to make myself feel better, I got everything wrapped yesterday as well. That has taken my stress level from an eleven to about an eight. Hopefully all of you are doing well with your holiday endeavors!

Jim and I had a wonderful day yesterday. His sister's fiance' Craig came through town and we had a nice lunch and great conversation. It is always great to hang with Craig. We are hoping to see him Thursday night on his way back through.

This week's comics are scaring me as much as last week's books, but that might have something to do with how much lower my stress level is today. Let's get to it!

Rex Mundi #9
Birds of Prey #113
Catwoman #74
Checkmate #21
Countdown Arena #3 (of 4)
Countdown- the Search for Ray Palmer: Superwoman Batwoman #1
Countdown #19
Detective Comics #839
Justice League of America #16
Shadowpact #20
Madame Mirage #4
Exiles #100
Immortal Iron Fist #11 - see pictured!
Incredible Hulk #112
Mighty Avengers #6
New X-Men #45
Ultimate X-Men #89
Wolverine Origins #20
Red Sonja #28
Savage Tales #5

That is it for tonight. I ran late working out and helping a friend shop so I am keeping it short and sweet. Have a fantastic evening! I hope to be back here tomorrow with a new post, although with my track record the last few weeks, I am not holding my breath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the stress level is winding down for you, Heidi. Most of my obligations are done, so I can basically just kick back and savor the season for the next week or so. (whew)

...and what better way to savor the season than with COMICS? My list isn't "Santa-Sized" like yours, just some of the regular titles I enjoy:

1. JLA: I'm enjoying McDuffie's run on the title so far. He's a great writer, and someone I'd love to see continue on Fantastic Four (instead of the undependable "rock star" creative team set to bump him out of the way).

2. Superman #671: Kurt Busiek is writing the best Superman stories in decades...and I should know. I've got all the issues!

3. Immortal Iron Fist: Brubaker and Fraction have created a fascinating mystical world. I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

4. Mighty Avengers #6: The long-lost storyline continues (or does it conclude)? Talk about major egg on Marvel's face with this disaster of a title. I like the story and artwork alot, but the scheduling was a mess. Not sure if I'll continue with the next story arc.

And for my son:

World of Warcraft #2. Eric is a nut for the Warcraft games, and he seemed to enjoy the first issue...so what the heck? Maybe he'll become a fan of the series.

Heidi Meeley said...

Mark, I am glad to hear that you are starting to wind down as well! That is absolutely wonderful.

I always love reading your list of books. There have been a few times I have had to buy a couple!

I agree about McDuffie on JLA. I also wish he was staying on FF. I am really leery about the new creative team.

I haven't been picking up Busiek's Superman run. I may have to grab a copy!

Immortal Iron Fist is amazing to me. I get really caught up in it. Fraction and Brubaker are a great team, and I always look forward to this book.

Mighty Avengers has started to feel like the story that drags out on purpose. I want it to be done so we can move on. Bendis and Cho are two of my favorites, but they don't feel very cohesive to me.

Yes! I am psyched to hear you are picking up a book for your son! That is wonderful!

Have a great one, if I don't yap at you!