Thursday, December 27, 2007

Random Thoughts and Musings

It is snowing like crazy outside tonight. As I drove home, it got slicker and slicker. I don't envy any folks who are out in this any later then they have to be. The weatherman is predicting five inches of snow tonight, so that should be fun.

The good news is that I am off work for some vacation until January 2. This will give me some quality time with the hubby and allow me to do some of the many things I have allowed to pile up here at my house. I am also rallying for control of the remote on several of those days. Wish me luck!

Tomorrow will be filled with several errands, some bill paying, and a stop to pick up comics. Then hopefully we can stay at home and watch it snow. I also need to compile my lists for my yearly feature of "best" and "worst". Another goal is to catch up my Comicspace and make it more cohesive. Good luck, right?

Tonight really feels like one of those times it is fantastic to be inside and just snuggle and relax. I am very blessed to be able to do so.

What are your plans for New Years Eve? At this point we are sitting at home watching the television and vegging. I am going to pick up some Miller's Chill beer and drink a few while watching the ball drop.

Have a great night! I am off to spend some time with Jim.

12 comments:

Swinebread said...

LUCK!

James Schee said...

Hey, remember me Heidi? LOL hop you guys are having a great holiday way up north! Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Eaglewing said...

Always great to get time off this time of year. Enjoy your days away from work.

If history is any indication, my New Years Eve will be spent watching TV: Royal Canadian Air Farce highlights, some Mr. Bean reruns, and channel surfing for the last 30 minutes till the ball drops and then going to bed. Oh yes, I do party hard.

Melchior del DariƩn said...

Happy New Year, Heidi!

After running around for both T-day and X-mas, my wife and I are planning to spend the night at home. And I must admit that I am very much looking forward to the Planet of the Apes marathon.

Lisa said...

Happy New Year, Heidi!

Craig and I will be enjoying a fairly quiet evening with my mom. She gets depressed if she's alone for New Years, so we go over there to keep her company. She makes a bunch snacks and we play a board game and watch TV. Then toast at New Years and head home shortly after. It's low-key fun that we all enjoy!

Heidi Meeley said...

Swinebread, thank you so much!!

Heidi Meeley said...

James, of course I remember you! It is good to hear from you. Jim and I were just talking about how much we missed you and were wondering what you were up to! It is good to see you here!!

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing, you party like I do! When you mentioned channel surfing for the last thirty minutes, you nailed exactly what I do as well! Crazy, huh?? We are hard core! LOL.

I like your style.

Heidi Meeley said...

Melchior, Happy New Year to you as well! It sounds like you have been extremely busy! I hope you and your wife had a wonderful holiday!

Planet of the Apes marathon? I may have to check that out! Nice!

Heidi Meeley said...

Lisa, sounds good to me, especially the snack and board game part! Several of our friends have moved out of the area, so we don't get to play games like we used to and it is a bummer!

Happy New Year to you as well!

James Schee said...

Thanks, I actually just stumbled upon my old Reading Along blog out of the blue yesterday.(which I then restarted) So it got me thinking about old friends and stuff, so I wanted to check to see if you were still blogging.

Heidi Meeley said...

James, I am glad to see you back! I went over to your blog and was happy to see you there! Welcome back, old friend!!