Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rock Of Love 2 : Blondes, Brunettes, and Bosoms


Rock Of Love 2 cast
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
After last season's Rock of Love, I was pretty pumped to see Poison frontman Bret Michaels go for a second round, and hopefully get it right this time. After picking the young and gorgeous Jes over older and wiser Heather and getting pretty much dumped, I am hoping that Bret revamps his thought process.

After watching the season opener of Rock of Love 2, I shouldn't have worried. Bret was so overwhelmed by long hair and big breasts that I don't think he took much time with personalities. Is this a good commentary on today's society? Probably not, but Bret is determined to have it his rock star way.

The first thing that caught my attention is that potential "rock of love" Megan looks very familiar. Why is that, you may ask? It is because she was on Beauty and the Geek 3. Since I am betting that Bret didn't watch that show, and since she was so agressive, bubbly, and tall this first episode, it probably won't matter. We shall see.

I was struck by how many women stuck their tongues right down Bret's throat. I think he pretty much kissed all the ladies, and had several sit on his lap and get downright dirty. Since there is a stripper pole in the house, I am sure that is what VH-1 and Bret were hoping for.

Another cast member that struck me was Angelique. The girl is French, and is also blessed with humongous boobs. She was hot to have "ze sex" with Bret in the pool as soon as possible. Good Lord. This one isn't shy.

There were three brunettes that Bret seemed to like that were polar opposites. There was Kristy Jo, who is strikingly beautiful but germophobic. In a house of tongue kissers, this may not be a good thing. Then there is Destiney, who I believe I saw kissing another girl, and who really wants to get up on Bret. Rounding out the brunettes is Inna, who immediately comes out and says she wants to "f*** Bret". Nice. I wonder what her grandma thinks. Heh. Where these three will fit into Bret's plans is anyone's guess.

Daisy and Aubry are two blondes that strike me as enhanced. Daisy was picked as one of Bret's "VIP" girls and he is entranced by her. Aubry was a bit wilder, and seems quite cosmetic as well. I was struck by their faces and will have to continue to watch to make sure it isn't just me, and there was some work done.

In date show history, I have seen a great deal of drunk folks, but I have never seen anyone get so hammered they miss elimination. Rock of Love 2 has that first. Courtney takes a look at the competition, loses her self esteem, and decides to get wasted. She is so drunk that I don't believe she spends more then a few moments with Bret. She passes out on the couch for awhile, and then the girls try and get her dressed for elimination. Finally, she just passes out in a bed and everyone bags it. At the end of the show, Bret counsels the remaining girls to tell her that "her tour has ended" when she wakes up. Yikes. Why the heck someone would go on a reality show and then get so drunk the first night that is a complete waste is beyond me.

Quick note: there is a 45 year old on the show, and I thought she was pretty cool. Her name is Catherine, and while she doesn't have Rodeo's laugh, she seemed to connect with Bret on a mental level. If that is helpful is beyond me, but I liked her spirit. She is a lovely lady with a brain, which I was happy to see.

As for the first elimination, it wasn't too shocking. The very drunk Courtney was left to dry out. Ashley and Missy just simply didn't connect. Contestant Jackye had a panic attack and decided to go home even though Bret asked her to stay. The only real surprise was Erin, who was initially picked as a VIP and then sent packing. I guess she talked too much about how "MySpace" changed her life. Good God.

I really enjoyed the new season of Rock of Love. The girls are on the prowl and it looks like a catfight to the end. Expect visits from Rodeo, Erin, and Lacey to shake up the girl's emotions.

What can I say? It may be reality television, but I dig it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

sounds like this batch of ladies is even wilder than the prior one.

Eaglewing said...

fun commentary :) At least theres one with some brains in the group. And somebody was awake at the casting wheel to put a germophobe in a spit swapping reality house. That could be interesting.

Heidi Meeley said...

Lisa, you said it! These women are quite the bunch. From stripper pole obsessed to germophobic, these ladies run the gamut. I can't wait to see what happens!

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing, thank you! I quite enjoyed watching the first episode and was impressed at the mix of women that casting brought in. It should be a great season for chaos!!