It is that time of year again. Time to make well-meaning resolutions and to make a fresh start of sorts. Most folks have weight loss or toning as a resolution. Others want to quit smoking and another segment vows to spend more time with family. Resolutions are very unique to the individual, even if it is a widely used one. God knows that every year I like to start fresh and try to improve something I have taken for granted or let go of.
In that spirit, I want to briefly share my resolutions.
1. Lose weight and get continue weight lifting. I had a great year at the gym this year. I lifted three times a week for two hours a night consistently. I worked out six times a week almost every week. I feel better physically then I have for a long time. The only problem is that I gained 10 lbs. between Thanksgiving and now. I ate all the stuff I usually don't eat the rest of the year. My goal is to get that back off and keep up what I worked for last year.
2. Cut my comic purchases by half. I am going to work on that tomorrow. Simply put, I can't afford the lifestyle of a diehard fan. It is too expensive, and with so many books creeping over $3, it won't be long before I have to cut back to one to three books a week.
3. Quit swearing so much. In the last couple of years, I have really been cutting loose with unfortunate words. This is a must.
4. Find a second job or get a wage increase. Jim and I want to make several improvements to our home, including painting the outside of it. I don't want to have to get a loan to do so, so I am trying to figure out how to get enough extra income to make it happen.
5. Go through my comic collection and sell/donate part of it. I have way too many comic books. I am too embarrassed to tell you how many I have because it is ridiculous. My basement is cluttered with long boxes. Something has to give.
6. Clean my basement and closets. This has become a big problem. I am a packrat and I need to simplify things.
7. Continue to blog regularly and be more prompt answering comments and e-mails. Pretty self explanatory.
8. Do something for others rather then focus on myself so much. Maybe some of the above can help me with this. Cleaning my home and giving comics away may help. I also want to spend my time helping somehow. This is one I want to think about.
Those are my resolutions. What are yours?