Thursday, February 16, 2006

Musings About This Week's Comics

I am going to attempt to talk about this week's stash without spoilers.. let's see how that goes!

Action Comics #836- beautiful but jarring. I think that waiting a week to read this would make more sense.

Birds of Prey #91- anti-climactic. I wish that the end of Nightwing would have filtered into this. The Birds are some of my favorite ladies, and the story has a definite filler feel.

Batgirl #73- not at all what I expected, but I really liked it. Great action too.

She-Hulk #5- Excellent. Five stars every time, especially Awesome Andy's reactions.

Spider-Woman Origin #3 (of 5)- this tale is really heating up. I am loving every minute. Great last page.

Noble Causes #17- provocative cover with a focus on a single sex couple. Faerber did a nice job presenting the story at hand.

Manhunter #19- the book you should be reading. My personal favorite this week.

Batman: Gotham Knights #74- hated it!! A crap ending for sure. I hate it when someone tries to be provocative and it fails so miserably.

Girls #10- one of the best HORROR comics out there. I loves me the Luna Brothers!

Daredevil #82- full of holy crap moments, not in the least the end. Ed Brubaker takes the reins from Bendis seamlessly.

X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl #2 (of 5)- surprise hit of the week in my stack. A must read now.

Those are some short takes, and I have a few more books I haven't gotten a good look at yet, but I must say I really am pleased and excited by this week's comics. I am crossing my fingers for another great week with Infinite Crisis #5 hitting shelves Wednesday.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Melchior del DariƩn said...

No spoilers, here! HM, you are the goddess of concision.

Two reactions:

(1) After AC 836, I think I finally get what Booster meant in IC when he asked Skeets to find "his" League.

(2) Yeah, Dead Girl #2 is pure pleasure; I'm really enjoying this mini-series. It might just turn out to be Marvel's JSA: Classified 1-4: when it's all over, it could feed into their universe-wide shakeup in any number of interesting ways.

Britt Schramm said...

Hey, I've seen this short review blurb thing somewhere before ;)

Just joking - I wish I was as caught up with my reading as you are.

Heidi Meeley said...

Dead Girl is one of the surprise pleasures out there for sure. I can hardly wait to see what happens next issue.

I am also psyched for the next issue of Infinite Crisis. I am chomping at the bit for Wednesday to see what goes down.

Britt- you are a man of many levels of wisdom to point this out to me.