Sunday, March 30, 2008

Blast From the Past: Madonna- Borderline

This brings back memories. While I was in college Madonna exploded onto the music scene and hasn't left our consciousness yet. When I see this video, it makes me remember getting ready to go out on Friday and Saturday nights. We used to pre-function in our dorm rooms, drinking and crimping the crap out of our hair before putting on short denim mini skirts and tanks with big shoulders jackets on over it all!

It is official. I am middle aged. My clothes are still in my closet, and I still pull them out from time to time, but if I walked down the street wearing them, I would get strange looks!

If nothing else, I can still enjoy this video. Have a great night!

1 comment:

Richard said...

I remember seeing this video for the first time and thinking it was a good homage to the Motown-type girl group sound, but it probably wouldn't be a big hit and the singer would never be heard from again.

I also remember seeing a new band called R.E.M. on Late Night with David Letterman in October 1983 and thinking they were strongly influenced by the jangly guitar sound of the Byrds which I've always loved, but that I shouldn't get too attached to them because they'd probably vanish in a couple of years and I'd only feel let down.

As you can see, my track record of making bad musical predictions is spectacular!