Monday, March 10, 2008

New Comics for March 12


Green Lantern Corps #22
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
My latest confession: I am hurrying tonight because I want to watch Madonna get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on VH-1 Classic. I know she isn't technically a rocker by any means, but she shaped music in her own way as provacateur, chameleon, and entertainer. Her impact on music, while not hard rock, is lasting. I had just entered college when she exploded with her first album, so I feel like I grew up with her in a way.

In good news, I happily made it through the first Monday after the time change with no lasting effects. In bad news, I only lost a pound last week. This means it is time to step up the cardio, cut back on carbs, and up my fat burners. Lots of science involved in doing it perfectly. Crazy, but true.

Here is this week's list!

Countdown #7
Countdown to Mystery #6 (of 8)
Green Arrow Black Canary #6
Green Lantern Corps #22- pictured
Salvation Run #5 (of 7)
Suicide Squad: Raise the Flag #7 (of 8)
Wildstorm Revelations #5 (of 6)
Wonder Woman #18
Mighty Avengers #10
Punisher #55
Thunderbolts #119
Wolverine #63
X-Factor #29

There are four mini-series on my list that I will not replace books with, so I am looking for my book count to dwindle. Yay!

Holy Crap, John Mellencamp is singing "The Authority Song". I am out of here! Have a great night!

4 comments:

John Holland said...

John Mellencamp...Yeah!

Eaglewing said...

Never much of a Madonna fan, but she certainly made her mark and deserves the nod. I just keep remembering her from the Wayne's World SNL skit...

And so begins the last run of Garth Ennis on Punisher. So sad. And just when I got my brother to read Ennis' whole run. My guess is Ennis will go out with a bang! Party on Garth! ;-)

Heidi Meeley said...

John, I really enjoyed watching Mellencamp perform on the R'n'R Hall of Fame show. He still kicks complete butt!

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing, I was wondering how much Madonna's influence on me was because I was a young, impressionable girl who had just started college and was feeling a bit rebellious to be honest. At any rate, she has always been there for me in a weird way, so I will always be a fan... except of her acting. Yikes.

I am very sad about Ennis leaving Punisher at the end of this too! I just can't imagine anyone following him. ::SOB::

Take care!