Monday, March 03, 2008

New Comics for March 5

After an emotional weekend and a busy Monday, I am sitting here feeling a bit relieved and back to normal. I am anticipating the work week will be hectic and my workouts will be tough, but I feel a sense of normalcy about that. I know that may seem a bit strange, but knowing that I will be back on my routine is comforting.

It is a lighter week in comics for me, which makes me happy. I continue to consider dropping books, and try not to pick up too many new ones. The exception to this rule is Echo #1 by Terry Moore. I love his work and want to give his new book a try.

Here is the list for the week.

Countdown to Adventure #7 (of 8)
Countdown #8
Detective Comics #842
Green Lantern #28
Nightwing #142- I was going to drop this title, but I liked the last issue. Curses!
Dynamo 5 #11
Invincible Presents Atom Eve #2 (of 2)
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Guilty Pleasures #9 (of 12)
Penance Relentless #5 (of 5)
Powers #28
Uncanny X-Men #496
X-Force #2
Boys #16
Terry Moore's Echo #1

Two mini-series are ending, and I decided to drop Teen Titans Year One. I hope I don't regret that. The good news is that I am getting the number of books under better control and am noticing it in my finances.

Have a wonderful week! See you back here tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you definitely seem to be whittling your list down to a more maneagable (and affordable) size. Congratulations!

Pretty skimpy list for me this week, after a big haul last week:

1. Green Lantern #28: The Alpha Lanterns story is leaving me a little cold. I'm not sure why the Guardians would think creating a robotic (or semi-robotic) sub-group is a good idea (Hello! "Manhunters" anyone? That didn't work out so well, did it?) However, the multi-colored Lantern Corps are a fascinating idea, and I'm looking forward to how it all comes out. By the way, did you happen to see Geoff Johns touch on the "emotional spectrum" in the latest issue of Action Comics? He featured a character than can weild each "color" of the emotional spectrum, which all correspond to the stuff he's already established in the GL titles. Pretty cool.

2. Justice League: New Frontier Special: After all the talk about New Frontier on my site, look at what comes out the very next week! I enjoyed the original quite a bit (as well as the new DVD adaptation), so I'm really looking forward to this one.

And....thassit! Enjoy your books, everyone!

Heidi Meeley said...

Mark, thank you! I appreciate the compliment, and as always really enjoy your list.

Green Lantern- I agree. I am not sure what to make of the Alpha Lanterns yet, but I wonder if part of that may be a letdown from the high of the major story that just finished. The spectrum is a great idea though, and I am fascinated to see where that goes.

I will look more closely at Action to see where Johns touches on that. How cool is that!

I missed the fact that the Frontier Special was coming out. Crap! I may have to grab that as well...

Have a good week, Mark!