Thursday, July 20, 2006

Random Musings.. and where is Wonder Woman?

It appears that by viewing the October DC solicitations that Wonder Woman is definitely behind schedule. There is no book scheduled for that month as of now. I don't know the reason why, as I never heard back from DC.

My gut tells me it has something to do with Allan Heinberg being so busy being successful in Television. Normally Terry and Rachel Dodson can hold a schedule, especially one that has been advance solicited.

Any thoughts on that?

It has been a surreal week of sorts for me. I have been on vacation since Tuesday, but am finding it hard to relax. I don't know how much is my upcoming birthday and how much is just plain being concerned about falling behind at work. I am trying to keep busy with stuff around the house to keep myself occupied, therefore I have defeated the purpose of taking days off.

Either that, or I just don't want to think about turning 40.

Conundrum of the week: To follow the serious news in the Middle East or chase down the San Diego Comicon gossip... hmmm, that is a tough one. I am very concerned with world issues, but also curious about SDCC news. I guess I just have to listen to my gut for that one.

We went and saw Nacho Libre last night. It was cute, but not nearly as funny as I had expected. It didn't suck, but it wasn't great. Impressive conclusion, huh?

I am going to go attempt to make some lunch and relax now. There are DVD's just sitting there waiting for a viewing, so hopefully that should work out, BUT I really need to mow the lawn too!

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Carl said...

Blaaahhhhhhhhhh, SDCC depresses me. I was supposed to go with my nephew. I ran into con money problems and my sister's (his mom) and my mom's health problems (all live out in AZ) put the kabosh on even him going without me. So, I stopped looking at the SDCC site and news.
And my yard pisses me off myself. It's just me, fighting the yard. My bride can only do so much with her health and my girls helped her a bit (this last weekend while I was at work) but it's me that uses the heavy equipment. And one of our neighborhood Lawn Nazis has reported our overgrown weeds and vines (which I think might be veggie members of the Taliban, it's so *SERIOUS*) to the county.
Annnnnddddd while I am at it, I figured out what costume I wanted to do for the local comic-con, Tampa Con and I am getting high discouragement from my bride. The cost and the time it would take to make. And she's got this 'genetic allergy' to anything involving sewing and the like. I was really happy and excited about this costume and now I about ruined on the thought of it. I can laugh in the face of outside critics but my bride being my "non-support system"? Really burns.
I think I am getting a headache. Sheesh. I think I need to watch something happy and mindless like a comedy...

Heidi Meeley said...

Poor Guy! Things are not going in the right direction, are they? I feel your pain, Carl.

SDCC is the con that every year Jim and I think we can go to, and then some financial thing happens to screw it up. Yikes. Maybe by the time I am 50?? Heh.

Yard work is the devil's work, isn't it? I have so much trimming and cutting of branches to do, that it hurts my head to think about it. I am lucky though, my neighbors don't say squat. They are usually in the same boat we are in, and their stuff hangs in our yard, while ours hangs in theirs. It isn't pretty, but it isn't that bad either.

I think your neighbors have too much time on their hands for sure.

Costume wise, does your bride usually help you make it? I can't sew very well, so I can empathize. Is part of it stuff you can do too? Just keep giving her your vision and smiling a lot- she'll have to give in!

Take care, Carl! I hope things improve! I am in that boat with ya from time to time.