Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Speaking of Covers... Wonder Woman 184 is Spectacular!


Wonder Woman 184
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
While I was at it, I thought I would post the cover to Wonder Woman #184 from the second series. It has been one of my favorite all time covers from the minute I first saw it.

Adam Hughes went the extra mile to give this unique cover a classic feel, while keeping with the look of today's Wonder Woman. I see the old school look as a definite homage to Harry G. Peter's style, which gives an emotional tug at the heart strings of faithful WW fans.

The use of the original logo, and the worn look bring home the authenticity. Having the modern Wonder Woman "meet" her predecessor (Hyppolyta in this instance) was a stroke of genius.

Wonder Woman #184's cover is definitely special, and the creativity of it just enhances that fact.

No comments: