Friday, January 12, 2007

Diet Day Three: The Endorphin Rush is Back

I just got home from the gym a bit ago after two hours working out. I really enjoyed it but I will probably be sore tomorrow. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill followed by around 30 minutes of weight training. Then I talked to friends on and off and finished it off with 25 minutes on the ellilptical. Ten minutes into that jaunt the endorphins kicked in and it felt awesome. It made me remember why I love working out.

At any rate, because I worked out so late I don't have a great deal of news. I did go over to Newsarama and there is an article there about four special single issues connected to 52 that will come out during week 50 and be a compliment to it. Also, it should explain World War III, as has been alluded to in the new Justice Society of America series.

The four parter will is as follows:

WORLD WAR III PART ONE: A CALL TO ARMS
Written by Keith Champagne
Art by Pat Oliffe & Drew Geraci
Cover by Ethan Van Sciver
It is a day of infamy. Chaos has broken out across the globe, and Firestorm and Firehawk are among the many mobilizing to stem the flow of blood and thunder.
In stores April 18; 32 pg, FC, $2.50

USWORLD WAR III PART TWO: THE VALIANT
Written by Keith Champagne
Art by Andy Smith & Ray Snyder
Cover by Ethan Van Sciver
The war rages on, extending from the far reaches of space, where Supergirl encounters a missing hero, to the darkest depths of the ocean, where the fate of Aquaman is revealed.
In stores April 18; 32 pg, FC, $2.50

USWORLD WAR III PART THREE: HELL IS FOR HEROES
Written by John Ostrander
Art by Tom Derenick & Norm Rapmund
Cover by Ethan Van Sciver
The horrors of war become grim reality for the Teen Titans, as they suffer the loss of one of their own.
In stores April 18; 32 pg, FC, $2.50

USWORLD WAR III PART FOUR: UNITED WE STAND
Written by John Ostrander
Art by Jack Jadson & Rodney Ramos
Cover by Ethan Van Sciver
Through the fog of war, a hero is reborn, and the DC Universe bands together against the wrath of an ancient evil!
In stores April 18; 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

It sounds like a great concept. I am already sure I will be picking it up, as it seems extremely intriguing.

I am off to go sit on the couch and read "Sex with the Queen" by Eleanor Herman. It is the follow-up to her aptly named first book "Sex with Kings". If you are a historical buff, and are fascinated by royalty and their quirks, this is the book for you! Herman has a great writing style that makes the book charming rather then tawdry. It is hard for me to put it down, because each chapter is engrossing.

Oh.. one more thing. I want to wish Lisa from Sequentially Speaking and her husband a belated congratulations on their comic book shop's anniversary. Go check out their store's site if you get the chance as well. It is www.neptunecomics.com.

Have a wonderful evening!

No comments: