Saturday, March 24, 2007

Comics Fairplay will be at Emerald City Comicon!


ECCC Logo
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
For the last few months I have mentioned that Comics Fairplay is planning to have a booth at Emerald City Comicon. This is indeed true! We will be in the exhibitor's section at booth #403, right across from AKA Comics and Stykman! Just down from us will be the incredible folks from QEW Publishing, several of whom I have profiled in interviews since last October. It should be wonderful to see these great people!

Here is the skinny: The comicon is being held Saturday, March 31 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m and Sunday, April 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will be at Qwest Field Events Center, which is right next door to where the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Mariners play. The guest list is as vast as it is impressive, and for the life of me, I can't figure out who to go see first. Go check out the official site for details!

My husband Jim and I will be co-manning the Comics Fairplay booth. We are having a small raffle, with proceeds split to benefit HERO Initiative and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. We will also be handing out free comic books to the first 100 people who come by the booth each day. To top all that off, we will have a laptop showing the blog, and folders of recent, topical blog entries.

Our good friend Brian is looking for good people to help him out at the HERO Initiative booth. If you are going to be attending the show and want to help out, e-mail me at HeidiDC@aol.com and I will pass your information on to him. It is critical to have people that can work for such a good cause. Even if you can only stay a couple of hours, please let me know.

I am looking forward to seeing Laura and Greg at the show. It is fantastic to see my fellow bloggers! I can hardly wait! These are people who have inspired me, in the past and continue to do so today.

Jim and I are looking forward to seeing our friends from last year. You know who you are! We are also looking forward to meeting new friends and having some great conversation. Please find us and introduce yourself! We aren't too shy!

We will be at the show. Will you?

13 comments:

Swinebread said...

Maybe I'll drive up if I get the time off.

Brandolp said...

Howdy~

Sorry I missed the call... I fill you in soon.

We do need help at the ECCC! I just found out that their will be PIE at the show~~~! Yes, I said PIE~~~!

Hope to see everyone at the show and H&J, I'll be in touch with you guys soon.

Be Well,
Brian

John Holland said...

Hope you both have a wonderful time at the show.

Carl said...

I'm 'Emerald' green with envy. I haven't been to a con since Megacon. Grumppppp. Hope you guys have a good time...

Heidi Meeley said...

Swinebread, that would be fantastic! It is a great show and there is a lot of activity, but if nothing else, come by and see me at the booth! Heh.

Yay!

Heidi Meeley said...

Brian, Jim and I e-mailed you with what we wanted to talk about so if you get a minute check it out!

I hope you are able to find many volunteers for the HERO Initiative booth!

Heidi Meeley said...

John, I just wished you lived closer so we could see you there!

Heidi Meeley said...

Carl, it would be great to have you sometime! I still like Bahlactus' suggestion of everyone meeting up at San Diego or somewhere like that someday.

That would be wonderful!

Carl said...

Welp, all goes well, my nephew and I will be attending San Diego ComicCon 2007. If I can get the money together and save it. The rest is easy with him working for his airline and free flights (save for the taxes on the ticket, for me, he always flies free) back and forth...

Lisa said...

Have fun and take pictures! Since I can't go I'd love to see some pictures of your booth and the con.

Heidi Meeley said...

Lisa, we will definitely take pictures! Hopefully I won't be as camera shy this year as I was last year. I think every photo of our booth had it standing empty!!!

This time, I will coax Jim and I in front of it!

RedheadFangirl said...

My special guest from MidJersey, Michael Golden will be there, with his agent Renee- who also was an editor and writer herself. Nice and talented people if you get a chance to meet them!
Have a great time! How cool is it to have a table to promote your blog!!

Heidi Meeley said...

Redlib- I am thrilled that we will have Michael Golden and Renee at the show! It sounds like he was an awesome guest at your con. I will have to go see him and say nice things about you- I won't be able to help it.

We are excited to have a booth and meet new people while promoting this blog. It should be fun!

Take care!