The fantastic people over at Atomic Romance tagged me a week ago and I have been remiss to respond to the great meme they have going, wherein they explain 5 reasons why they blog. Make sure to go check theirs out.
In the meantime, here are five reasons from me!
1. When I blog I can focus my thoughts into a mostly coherent rant that helps me to clean out my mental closet, so to speak. When Wonder Woman is late, my blog is here for me. When the media spoils Captain America's "death", I know I can come here and tell my side of the story. It is beautiful in it's simplicity.
2. Blogging helps me learn new vocabulary words. In the past I have been corrected by fellow bloggers on my usage of words, so lately I have been trying to learn new ones to keep my sentences fresh. When I use the dictionary or a thesaurus, it opens up a whole new world to me.
3. I care about the future of comics and want to have my say. When I see things I disagree with from a business standpoint, the management side of me wants to jump in and use the basic tools of business to fix things. Dissecting the industry and trying to make suggestions is a wonderful exercise. I hope that someday someone will actually listen to me. Hmmmm.... maybe I can rule the world next???!!??
4. Somewhere in me is a frustrated journalist. In high school I was editor-in-chief of my school newspaper, and in college I proofread for the paper. Journalism almost became a career. It is that small part of me that loves to report the news that helps keep this blog rolling along.
5. I love it. God knows, it doesn't pay a thing, so I must enjoy keeping my blog. I love the people that come here and leave comments. They make my day so many times. I flat love my blog. It is a not-so-secret joy in my life that lets me focus on something other then all my personal problems and job frustration. I can put that all away and enjoy.
That's it folks. For the sake of tagging, I am to pick five people to keep this rolling. Hmmm... there are so many of you that would do a wonderful job. How about this... if you are on my sidebar, I am gently tagging you. Don't feel pressured, but if you have an inspiration, I would love to read your thoughts.