Saturday, March 10, 2007

Random Thoughts and Musings

Today was one of those days that started out simple but ended up being busy. We went and recycled cans, tended to the house, and called our good friend Brian about the Emerald City Comicon. Then I ended up at the gym for three hours- an hour of cardio and almost two hours of intense weight lifting with my teammate Kerry. Hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow!

I did get a look around the blogosphere and would like to point out the excellence of my peers tonight. There are so many wonderful and creative people blogging these days. I am a fan of so many sites and it seems like there is never enough time to give the proper shout outs, so bear with me a bit.

Lisa at Sequentially Speaking did a great thing. At her comic book shop, she set up a memorial to Captain America that is awesome. Go take a look!

A belated "wow" to Redhead Fangirl, who did an excellent job reporting her New York Comicon experience. She does such a great job that it is like being there with her.

QEW Publishing did a complete website redesign and it looks fantastic. I am in awe, and plan to spend some time clicking on every link. Wow Quenton, you outdid yourself!

Over at Pen-Elayne on the Web, Elayne is celebrating Estrogen Month. She is profiling several female driven sites. She is also hosting the next Carnival of Feminist Science Fiction and Fantasy Fans and has an opportunity for folks to vote on women deserving more a higher profile and "more linkage" based on their excellent work. Let me quote Elayne for a moment though so that I may get the correct wording and links to go to:

"The guidelines for nominating and voting for feminist pop-culture bloggers during Estrogen Month are outlined here. I'm also hosting the 12th Carnival of Feminist Science Fiction and Fantasy Fans on March 31. The deadline for submissions is March 29, and guidelines are outlined here (please send links via email or use this submission form)."

Head over there and participate!

John Layman kills me, but in a good way. If you have never been to his site, head over there and check out his experience in viewing School for Scoundrels as only he can.

The incredibly talented Bahlactus has redesigned his site and it is genius. I just got done reading his thoughts on Captain America, and of course Galactus. This man is talented, and he knows what time it is. If you don't have a permanent bookmark to his site, you need to have one.

Loren at One Diverse Comic Book Nation makes some very valid points in his post "Where is the Diversity in the Avengers?" He noticed something I had seen as well, and states it beautifully.

The imminently funny but practical Mark Engblom has the very important reminder that tonight we need to spring forward. Well done, my friend. Head over to Comic Coverage and not only read his newest post, check out his site in general. Great stuff.

On that note, I am off to eat some dinner and ponder springing forward myself! Have a wonderful evening, and a relaxing Sunday.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plug, Heidi! It's been 10 days and not too much participation yet, but I get the feeling the ball is finally going to start rolling this week...

She-Hulk's Bitch said...

Emerald City Comicon I like that name!

RedheadFangirl said...

Heidi, thanks! The only thing better would have been to have you actually and not virtually there. There's no west coast/east coast rivalry with us!

Heidi Meeley said...

Elayne, I am crossing my fingers for you on that, but am on the same vibe as you that things will pick up!

Thank you again for the link. It made my day!

Heidi Meeley said...

She-hulk's bitch: I definitely think you should make the journey. You would fit right in!!

Heidi Meeley said...

redlib- There is definitely NO East coast/West coast rivalry here. It is all love! I really do wish I could attend the NY con one of these days, and that we could get you out here for the Emerald City Comicon. It would be a blast.

Think of it as a cultural exchange! Maybe next year?

Unknown said...

You're always so good to me, Heidi!

That's why I loves ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice plug, Heidi! Your kind words are a big lift!

DYKC?™ said...

You know, we could all get down with a social rendezvous at SDCC this year...

Heidi Meeley said...

Loren, the feeling is mutual! I loves you too! :-)

Heidi Meeley said...

Mark, you deserve every word. Your stuff is so ingenious that it makes me jealous sometimes but in a good way. :-)

Heidi Meeley said...

Bahlactus, I would love to, but my finances can't take it as of right now. If things change, I will be heralding it from the highest building. I would love to go to an East Coast show sometime with my hubby being PA. If that happens, I will let you know!

SDCC is a dream goal of mine. Are you attending this year?