Thursday, June 07, 2007

Is This Gratuitous? Alien Pig Farm 3000 #2


Alien Pig Farm #2
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Until my hubby found this cover, I had never heard of Alien Pig Farm 3000. Once I did, I headed over to their killer website to experience the madness. Published by Image Comics, and brought to you by the folks at RAW Studios, the blurb for issue #2 reads as follows:

"Put yer head between yer knees and kiss yer sister goodbye! Them green-skinned sumbitches is hungry fer pig innards and horny fer farmgirls. But don't nobody fondle the cousins while eatin bacon cept Johnny Ray and Elvis! Consider the can of whoopass open!"

So I have to figure this book is aimed more at adults, right? At least the cover and the blurb believe me to think so.

Oh yeah, the cover gives me a clue as well. Drawn by Mark Shultz, this sexy babe is plumb bursting out of her top, and she is losing her shorts trying to escape the bad things. Yikes!

Tell me, is it marketing genius, a bit gratuitous, or both? It's yer call!!

5 comments:

Carl said...

Looks to me like too much time spent playing the old "Redneck Rampage" game. Perhaps just a bit...

Heidi Meeley said...

Carl, I am still a bit in shock from visiting the website, actually. It still hasn't sunk in. Part of me really wants to read this book; the other wants my mommy!

Todd Farmer said...

Thanks Heidi, we at the Pig Farm appreciate your support...even though you are a little creeped out. Was all meant in good fun. Promise. :)

Heidi Meeley said...

Todd, I will take your word on that! I am still a bit in shock at the incredible detail of your website!! :-)

Anonymous said...

cool, I used to watch this cartoon when I was young, for example me old dog called kamagra felt afraid when he watched the cartoon with me!