Monday, June 11, 2007

New Comics for June 13


SIP vol. 3 #90
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Is it already mid-June? Where has the month gone? It has been crazy around here, and I can't keep up with time. My dad has always told me it goes faster as we get older, and I am really starting to believe him.

With that said, here is my list of comics for this week!

Countdown #46
Fables #62
Gen 13 #9
Green Arrow #75- the infamous proposal cover
Justice #12 (of 12)
Loveless #18
Stormwatch PHD #8
Trials of Shazam #7 (of 12)
Noble Causes #30
PVP #34
New Avengers #31
New X-Men #39
Punisher War Journal #8
Strangers In Paradise #90- the final issue. SOB!

That's it for the week. I am keeping it short and sweet as I am super hungry and dinner is cooking! Have a wonderful evening!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Time does go faster as you get older. Do you remember when you were a kid and summer vacation seemed to last an eternity? A month felt like a lifetime? I think the longer you're alive the better perspective you have on time. A week is a much larger percentage of your total existence when you're 6 years old than when you're 36 years old.

We tried carying Strangers in Paradise, but it never sold. I'm thinking now that it might be something to have in TPB form. At least a couple of them, and see if interest develops after-the-fact.

Anonymous said...

Sad to see Justice coming to an end, although it seemed to jump the rails at end when Alex Ross introduced the JLA "Power Ranger outfits".

That did absolutely nothing for me, though a few reluctant points for originality to Ross for making the armor out of the Metal Men.

Anyone have any idea what's next on Alex Ross's plate? Yeah, yeah...I know...some people don't like his stuff anymore. Well, I still do*, and I look forward to whatever he's on to next.

* (though I am getting a little burned out on the black-background JSA covers)

Heidi Meeley said...

Lisa, time is going WAY too fast. I can't believe it is already Wednesday. I agree that as a kid it felt a LOT longer. How crazy is that!

Strangers in Paradise seems to do best in trades, I have noticed. I wonder if that is due to the ongoing story arc nature of it? I first found the book in TPB at a comic store in Seattle and got hooked that way, so it must be! You will have to let me know how it goes!

Heidi Meeley said...

Mark, no clue as to Alex Ross' next plans. I wish I did know, as I enjoy his work. I am eager to read Justice, hopefully sooner than later.

If you hear what Alex is up to next, let me know!

Lisa said...

We know Ross' business manager, so I might have to call him and find out what Ross' next thing is going to be. We desperately want to get him in for a store signing, since he's only about a 2 hour drive from the store. His business manager says we're on the list, but Ross doesn't do a lot of signings when he's working on projects because he actually cares about getting his work done on time. So, maybe if he's in-between projects we can get him *fingers crossed.*