Sunday, June 24, 2007

Still a Wonder Woman: Lynda Carter at 55!


Lynda Carter at 55!
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Well, I might as well fess up. I was over at TMZ.com the other day after following a link about a gossip story. Yep, it's true. That is the bad news.

The good news is that I stumbled upon this picture of Lynda Carter at lunch looking FANTASTIC. No way does she look 55. She is still incredibly gorgeous, and I bow to her. Wonder Woman was my hero back when the television show came out, and seeing how taking care of yourself can help later in life has never been shown better.

If the Wonder Woman movie ever gets made, here is our Hyppolyta.

I feel like I am 12 years old again.

6 comments:

Vaklam said...

That reminds me of Gloria Steinem's response when someone told her she didn't look 40:

"This is what 40 looks like".

=)

Eaglewing said...

She's definately looking good. In fact, although the movie was horrible, Lynda Carter and the General Lee were the only good things about the big screen version of Dukes of Hazzard. She outshone Jessica Simpson by a mile :)

Richard said...

If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend the Disney film Sky High which features Lynda Carter as the principal of a high school for super-powered teens. Her role in the film is much more prominent than her billing in the film might lead one to expect, and of course she's charming in the role.

(And in general, it's a film about superheroes that comic book fans can watch without wincing, because it's made with real affection for the subject...unlike certain films where the makers are embarassed by the source material and feel the need to compensate either by making the film overly dour and portentious, or by adding campy humor.)

Heidi Meeley said...

Vaklam, you and Gloria said it! Lynda looks fantastic!

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing, I thought she did as well! I definitely prefer Lynda Carter over Jessica Simpson any day of the week. :-)

Heidi Meeley said...

RAB- I have indeed seen Sky High, and Lynda's role is amazing. I love that she wore bracelets as a shout out to Wonder Woman! I am really impressed by her as an actress and would like to see more of her in movie roles!