Monday, June 25, 2007

New Comics for June 27


Red Sonja #23 Segovia Cover
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
It is that time of the week again where Diamond publishes it's list of comics expected for that Wednesday. Since I don't expect my books in a timely manner right now, let's just say that these are the new books for the week, question mark!! Special thanks to Lisa though for all her help! Our retailer was eager to try the suggestions you gave, so we will keep you posted!

Here is my list for the week:

Amazons Attack #3 (of 6)
Blue Beetle #16
Countdown #44
Green Lantern Sinestro Corps Special #1
JSA Classified #27- on the chopping block for me.
Teen TItans #48
Wonder Woman #10
Invincible #43
Wtichblade #107
Black Panther #42
Daredevil #98
Fantastic Four #547- check out the excellent Dwaine McDuffie scripting!
Immortal Iron Fist #6
She-Hulk 2 #19
Silent War #6 (of 6)
Thunderbolts #115
Ultimate X-Men #83
Wolverine Origins #15
X-Factor #20
X-Men #200
Fallen Angel #17
Red Sonja #23 - pictured!

That's the list. Lots of book starring women, which is pretty cool. Some are more bad girl then others, but all are unique in their appeal. I can't wait to do my reviews this weekend- I am hoping for an all ladies review fiesta!

Have a wonderful evening!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That's a LONG list! Mine was pretty hefty too.

Eaglewing said...

More Daredevil, Wolverine, & X-Factor - alright! Makes me wish I had a pull list. I'd love to get my hands on X-Men 200 too just for David Finch's variant cover.

I managed to read the first two arcs of Wolverine Origins, and I have to say, I'm in. The first arc seemed a little off (as in who's the surprise appearance this time), but Daniel Way seemed to get better as it went in finding Logan's inner thoughts and dialogue. I'm not usually a fan of introducing the 'unknown kid' to a storyline, but in this case I can see it. As long as Logan has been around, he's bound to have had family/kids whether he had his memories or not. At least we're not dealing with introducing an infant here or something. We've got an interesting "opposite side of the coin" story going and a character who can mix things up. Steve Dillon's art is great to look at as well. I'll admit it took me a little to get used to it, but I think he's getting better at Wolverine as well as it goes along. I would have probably prefered something a little more gritty on a Wolverine title, as Dillon's art seems almost too 'clean' sometimes, but it is nice to look at and there's no question telling what's going on (cough, cough, Bachalo, cough, cough :) As a Wolverine fan, I'm interested to see where this story goes.

Heidi Meeley said...

Lisa, it was definitely one of those weeks. I couldn't believe my stack today!

BTW, comics were on time!! YAY!!!

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing, do you think you will ever get a pull list? I know you prefer trades, so I am just curious.

I am glad you liked Wolverine Origins for the most part. I am a HUGE Steve Dillon fan, and his facial expressions kill me. This current story is really interesting to me, because I have always wondered how he would interact with an offspring that wasn't a clone! I have been following it closely, and am eager to check out this week's issue.

X-Factor does continue to kill- I love that book! I am also jonesing to read Daredevil tonight. I can't believe it is almost to issue #100!

Take care, and keep me informed!

Eaglewing said...

I'd like to get a pull list to be honest. It'd be small (Criminal, Punisher Max, Wolverine Origins, Daredevil, The Boys, & X-Factor) but probably worth it. I could probably drop part of my cable package to pay for it too (pitiful movie selection anyway).

Thing is, I'm not sure about the local comic shop options, and I don't know who I'd go with online either. I haven't found a good Canadian online shop yet, and Stateside shops I've looked at have 4-6 week shipping, so by that point I'm way behind the curve anyway and may as well wait for the trade.

If I could figure out a good, trustworthy, timely shop to go with, they'd probably get my business for the half dozen titles I really, really want to read every month. I'm open to suggestions, but till I figure it out, Amazon gets my trade business and I have to sit and wait for my comic story fixes :)