Thursday, March 24, 2005

Donna Troy returns in a big way!

I just got done paging through Previews and the absolute highlight for me has got to be the comic book that is bringing back Donna Troy. Titled the "EZ" book for secrecy purposes, and to highlight the fact that all three creators last names end with an "ez", this book has been a long time coming in my book. To see Phil Jimenez, George Perez, and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez all on a book together is truly this fangirl's dream come true.

Normally when comic characters die, I hope they stay that way, but this is my exception to the rule. Donna, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, and Power Girl are my favorite heroines, and I always try and support books they are in on.

I have hopes of getting through Previews proper this weekend and seeing what else is coming up in the Summer. It is nice to see DC really working to reinvest the reader's interest in their characters.

Have a great TGIF tomorrow!

2 comments:

Carl said...

Yeah, I get mad when DC and Marvel have a story line that has a "blood sacrifice" where it was not wanted or needed. When I read Graduation Day I was pretty upset that they pretty much got rid of Donna Troi for the foreseeable future. And the new Wonder Girl, not really a strong character, not like Donna was. Looking forward to us getting someone back for a change...

Heidi Meeley said...

I agree! I can hardly also wait for the incredible art that is accompanying this wonderful event. It is definitely the highlight of my Previews so far!!