Sunday, March 25, 2007

Random Thoughts and Musings

It has been a beautiful Sunday here. Last night it rained a bit, but today the sun came out and it was nice again. I am so happy that spring is here, and that the weather will be so lovely the next couple of months! The only downside is that I can tell that the lawn will need mowing next weekend, so it will be a juggling act between yard care and attending the comic show. Yikes!

Around the blogosphere, there are some intriguing and fun blog entries that I want to share with you, so shall we go on a linkblogging journey?

Over at Sequentially Speaking, Lisa has exciting news! The Scott McCloud tour is coming to her comic book store, and it will be the only shop he will be going to in her state! Lisa, I am really thrilled for you! Check out her post about it and go attend if you can.

Redhead Fangirl had her Mid-Jersey Comicon yesterday and it sounds like it went great! What a hard working lady! I just wished I lived closer so I could attend. She has a great set of photos to look at as well!

Over at one diverse comic book nation, Loren has a great point about the upcoming World War III covers. Thank you for pointing that out! Loren is insightful as ever!

Always Bet on Bahlactus is back with another round of Friday Night Fights! I am addicted to them, it is official. Keep up the excellent work!

Scipio at The Absorbascon has a great post about the evil that is Hal Jordan's eyes. It is not to be missed. I laughed my ass off!

Laura from Bloggity-Blog-Blog-Blog gives a description of her attempts to purchase the Wizard of the Oz collectibles featured at McDonalds. I can't wait to ask her about it in person at the Emerald City Comicon! I am also really eager to not recognize her this year as she has done an outstanding job of losing weight and getting into shape! You go, Girl!

Mark Engblom at Comic Coverage continues to amaze me with his brilliant posts. I always wish I would have thought of them first, but must admit my not being worthy! Go check out his post on Comic Book Life Lessons. It is a must-see!

The Fortress Keeper at Fortress at Fortitude makes a good point about Mary Marvel and her upcoming transformation. It is definitely food for thought!

That's quite a journey around the blogosphere for one day, but I really enjoyed myself. It was fun to get more caught up and appreciate the incredible work my fellow bloggers do.

Have a wonderful evening! I am off to get ready for the work week and finish some last minute touches on the ECCC! Take care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heidi! Thanks for the link! I appreciate it!

Glad you're enjoying the Life Lessons. It's about time I started applying some of the wisdom (or non-wisdom) comics have taught me.

It was a beautiful day here, too...with deliciously warm weather and the Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun" as the background soundtrack. More of the same today...so life here on the (former) Upper Midwestern Tundra is good.

Thanks for the links to the other folks, too! What a fantastic group to feel a part of!

Heidi Meeley said...

Mark, you are very welcome! I really love your Life Lessons, and am hoping to learn more with each installment. :-)

I am glad to hear that your weather was nice as well. It lifts my spirits every time to have good weather.

Thank you for the kind words! There was so much greatness in the blogosphere this week that it felt right.