Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Cool Show- American Chopper

My favorite guilty pleasure television show is American Chopper on the Discovery Channel. I know it might seem odd that a woman loves a show about building custom choppers, but I am hopelessly addicted. Watching Paul Sr. and Paul Jr. and their dynamics when fighting or just plain disagreeing is always a sight to behold.  I especially enjoy that it reminds me of the good old days on the farm, spending hours with mostly men and participating with them in trying to improve and perfect the machinery we had to work with.

Paul Sr. and Paul Jr. aren't the only reason to watch the show though. The supporting team at Orange County Choppers are pretty compelling as well, and fit into their own category of sorts:

Mikey- comedy relief
Vinnie- level headed, hard worker
Campos- artistic and more then meets the eye
Rick- intense and committed.
Cody- up for anything- loves to help

I know this is far more in depth then a normal appreciation of a show, but I can't help it. Not only do I get to see a lot of testosterone heavy interaction, but something is created along the way. I can't ask for more then that!

My husband, bless his heart, lets me watch American Chopper whenever it's on, even if it's a rerun.  Between the two of us, we enjoy watching the Discovery Channel and the History Channel anyway, so we can console ourselves with the fact that it's slightly educational!

No comments: