Monday, November 29, 2004

New Comics for December 1

I just got the weekly print out of new comics from Diamond online. It isn't as ugly as some of the past weeks, but there are some gems in there.

My stash is as follows:

Deadshot #1 (the preview looked hilarious)
Fallen Angel #18
Outsiders #18
Superman Batman #15 (totally excellent storyline)
Swamp Thing #10
Y The Last Man #29
Darkness #17
PVP #12
Exiles #55 (this is make or break for me- I haven't enjoyed Bedard's stuff here at all)
New Avengers #1 (out of curiosity)
Rogue #5
Ultimates Vol 2 #1 (this is a leap of faith for me- I hated how behind the book was last run)
Uncanny X-Men #453

Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Carl said...

Welp, I read so far:

Fallen Angel #18: Simply fantastic! Peter David and his team on this book should get some serious awards.

Deadshot #1: Wow! Usually seen as a generic thug except when explored outside of the Batman Universe (his first mini-series was great as well as his time in the Suicide Squad), this book captured him so well! Anti-hero but with a sense of honor. Well done!

Superman/Batman #15: WE GOT SHORTED IN FLORIDA! YOU GUYS THAT SHORTED US SUCK!!! #14 was so good I was really wanting the next issue, BOOOOOO!!!

Y, The Last Man #29: Another great issue, tricks and revelations and a cliffhanger ending.

and finally, The New Avengers #1: I enjoyed it, almost made up for the terrible grind BMB put the old group through and get this, my shop (Read More Comics in Brandon) owner, Scott put up signs saying do not leave the store without "what might be the greatest comic of all time"! Sheesh.

Oh yes, got to read the entire Invicible trade, loved it and The Goon trades #0, #1 and #2. Just incredible books! The Goon team comes down to Megacon every year and hopefully 2005 I will get to see them and get them signed.

Welp, off to read some more, boobye...

Heidi Meeley said...

Sorry for not getting back to you! I couldn't get in to blog.

Good insights as usual. Fallen Angel truly does kick ass.

Bummer about Superman/Batman not showing. It is a great read, so it will be worth the wait!

Take care!