Friday, November 26, 2004

Powers- a little downer?

I just got done reading Powers #6 and was expecting to see Deena kick major butt. Instead, what I got was vague flashbacks. I am a little disappointed, but also am hoping that the vagueness is as much for our benefit as it is for Deena's co-workers. Having her manifest at the end of issue #5 was a huge shocker, so the ramifications are sure to be far reaching.

Sorry I have been out for a few days- I swear that having a vacation means catching up on all the things a person doesn't normally have time for! It has been hectic, and now vacation is almost over.

I am off to read the rest of my week's stash. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Jim and I spent the day going through the last year and a half of my new comics organizing it to go into my collection. Whew, what a job that was! It is 4 long boxes and 4 short boxes.

Take care all!

3 comments:

Carl said...

Hmmmmm, welp, I liked Powers #6 and I thought Deena's return a bit anticlimatic too. But, the return of the other Powers and the turning back of the anti-Powers Act (or the start of it) was very welcome. I love BMB but I'm thinking he's getting a bit stretched out over all his books. I didn't like Secret War and didn't pick up the series after #1 and the Avengers rubbed me the wrong way as I stated before.
Is that the new stuff going to the whole collection? I stopped counting my boxes after I got up to 50. :) I have a converted-into-a-storage-room garage that looks like the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Heidi Meeley said...

Yeah, Bendis does seem pretty spread thin. I have always liked Powers the best of his stuff, then Alias, then Ultimate Spider-Man. I wasn't thrilled with Avengers at all. I am on the fence about Secret Wars since there have only been a few issues. The art is gorgeous.

My hubby and I have comics in our spare room (his) and the basement (mine). I need to clean up the basement to make more room for the long and short boxes I have. I don't have as many long boxes in total as you, probably about 2/3's of that.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Carl!

Carl said...

Thanks Heidi, I sure did! I missed home a lot though. Nothing like my mom's home for the holidays but my bride put on a great spread. I think I almost passed out in a digestive topor twice that day...