Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ouch! That Looks Like it Hurt.

I was looking at DC's released previews of comic books set to ship this week when I stumbled on the first page of Countdown to Adventure #2. Holy crap that looks painful!

Talk about an action shot that grabs your attention. Based on this image alone, I want to check the book out. Such is the power of art.

Here are the specs on the upcoming issue:

"COUNTDOWN TO ADVENTURE #2
Written by Adam Beechen and Justin Gray
Art by Eddy Barrows & Julio Ferrera and Fabrizio Fiorentino
Cover by Ivan Reis & Oclair Albert
Meet Champ Hazard, the hero of Rann. But what happened to Adam Strange?
And in the backup story, Forerunner travels to Earth-10, the universe where the Nazis won World War II, to recruit superpowers for her master’s cause.
On sale September 26 • 2 of 8 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US "

Unfortunately, the book is expensive. The good news is that if the art holds up throughout and the story is excellent, it will be worth it. What may potentially stop me from buying the issue is my crossover burnout. I have ranted about it many times, and it still makes me feel irritated.

Are any of you going to pick this book up?

4 comments:

Tegan said...

No more crossovers for me, unless they specifically involve Aquaman. Even then, I'll think hard before buying them.

Nick said...

I am picking it up most likely but, this 3.99 crap is scaring me, more and more it's becoming the norm, wait a couple of months comics will cost 3.99 instead of 2.99, you wait an see.

Oh the vid below wasn't too bad, I don't know though I am too much a sucker for ole' school metal....if you can classify Quiet Riot and Motley Crue as ole' school.

Heidi Meeley said...

Tegan, that is a smart choice. I was toying with only getting the books Wonder Woman was featured in, but this may backfire on me.

Smart lady!

Heidi Meeley said...

Nick, the price point is scary. A person has to have a goodly amount of disposable income to buy comics nowadays. No wonder they aren't for kids! :-)

The video is pretty cool. I am trying to listen to newer stuff and find songs I like. Good on you for being an old school fan! That is my roots right there. I have seen the Crue over seven times in concert. Crazy, huh?