Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day!


To those in the USA: Happy 4th of July! To all my other friends: Happy Friday! Hopefully you have had a nice day!

Today was a much better day. I got good news by phone. My grandma is feeling better, and was able to go back to her retirement home from the hospital. My mom and dad were able to go to the local parade, and to spend time with my sister and her family. That is great news.

Jim and I slept in and then relaxed for a bit. We were very happy because the weather was so much better then it had been today. Right now it is a perfect 72 degrees. Life is good.

I had a new experience today. I helped my friend Kerry clean his final room- he has three bedrooms and he is re-doing them all. We have painted and cleaned the rooms. Now we are working on putting in hardwood floors. Today for the first time ever, I ripped up old carpet and padding in preparation. Holy Crap. That was hard work. We had to take all the old tacks, nails, and staples out after getting the carpet and pad out. That took over an hour and a half. When I left his house, Kerry was sweeping and getting ready to vacuum the room. He was then going to finish painting down to the floor.

Tomorrow is the day to lay the new flooring. Lucky for me, Kerry's friend Doug is going to help him. I guess I pitched in for the first part and he is helping to finish. It is pretty neat to see a room so transformed.

I discovered today that I missed one issue each of Batman and Superman in my transition to DCBS. Bummer! I guess tomorrow I will try and find those issues. Then it is all about cleaning my basement and getting basic household stuff done.

Not much to tell otherwise. We really didn't celebrate. Jim spent the day at home doing internet stuff and watching the Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi while I helped my friend. We will probably spend the rest of the evening just chilling before hitting the hay.

I hope you all had a very nice day!

6 comments:

Swinebread said...

Happy 4th to you both!

I didn't do much either, I even had to go into work a little bit.

Nick said...

Happy 4th!

What is Jim's favorite Twilight Ep?

James Meeley said...

Nick:

Hmmm... it'd be hard to narrow it down to jus one, so here's my three most favorite (in no special order):

The Obsolete Man

He's Alive

A Penny for Your Thoughts

Nick said...

For some reason Burgess Meredith always seemed to be in some of the best eps. "The Obsolete Man" is up there along with "Time Enough At Last"

"The Silence" was always a good one as well.

Heidi you have any faves?

Heidi Meeley said...

Swinebread, you had to work? What!?!?! That is not cool. Maybe when your special event occurs, this will not be the case?

Happy late 4th to you as well!

Heidi Meeley said...

Nick! I wish I could say I had watched Twilight Zone, but I hadn't. I did like the William Shatner losing his mind episode though. Damn it is campy, but so Shatner-licious! Heh.