Saturday, June 06, 2009

Amazing... Drag Me to Hell


Just got back from seeing the new Sam Raimi horror flick "Drag Me to Hell". What an amazingly beautiful and well crafted movie! I can't believe I am saying this about a scary film, but I can't help it. Having Raimi back in the genre from whence he came is a godsend.


The movie starts with a loan officer named Christine Brown going about her everyday job. She refuses to give a gypsy woman (played very well by Lorna Raver) an extension on her mortgage, and said woman curses her. Mayhem ensues as Christine (Alison Lohman) attempts to navigate and rid herself of the horror that has descended upon her.


The cinemotography is vintage Raimi with skillfully cut shots and original camera angles. I also need to mention the fantastic score. It fits the movie like a glove, enhancing the scenes being shown. I just can't say enough, in fact, about how well put-together this movie was. It is absolute perfection and it is just PG-13.


Since I don't want to spoil the movie, let me just say that I highly recommend this movie to horror fans, or simply just folks looking for a great show. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Yedna said...

I've noticed one of Raimi's trademarks seems to be broken mirrors/glass. Just curious, did you see a ton of this sort of thing in DMtH?