Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Why Am I Blogging?

With the recent slew of blogs retiring, (Happy retirement John!) I have been considering my place in this "world". Why do I want to have a blog, and what do I want the end result to be?

I know what I DON'T want:

-No politics. My politics to me are like a religion, and I am not looking for endless threads of debate on the subject.
-No personal attacks on comic professionals. They need to make a living like I do.
_No obsessing about my job. It is stressful, but fulfilling and I have been at it for 15 years. It is so much a part of me that it is hard to separate myself from it.


I do want this:

-A focus on the positive. I want to share books, movies, and experiences with a sense of humor and good vibes. This world is shitty enough at times without perpetuating things during my personal time. Reality is always in my face, so I want to be able to focus on the things I enjoy.

-Reviews of comics and books. Also the occasional movie or pop culture musings.

-How much I value my hubby and the occasional love story update. The way we met and fell in love is pretty cool, and I want to share bits of it.

-A safe place for others to come where they can read what they choose and feel like I am not a professional sales person shoving my opinions down their throat.

As I get a more definitive picture of where I am going, I will share it. I just really wanted to give you a feel as to what my intentions are.

Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I've been dealing with the same thing, Heidi. It's kind of tough to do.

But then I think about how Roime wasn't built in a day and the more I work at it, the better I will become.

Good luck to you!

Heidi Meeley said...

Thank you for the well wishes! I agree that it is definitely an evolution. Hopefully a year from now, I will have found my groove!

Thank you again!