Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Pre-Read Pick of the week: Catwoman 54


Catwoman 54
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
I have been in love with the Catwoman series since Will Pfeifer took over the writing chores of the book. Each month I hotly anticipate the book when it comes in. This month is no exception.

After the first "One Year Later" issue, I am even more excited then ever. There are so many deep mysteries to solve, and there is an atmosphere that envokes the calm before the storm. Selina's life has changed, and I can hardly wait to see the repercussions.

This issue features David Lopez on art. I was a big fan of his work on Fallen Angel, and enjoyed his work on last month's Catwoman. He makes me think of Gary Frank, but with a twist.

I am betting on the fact that Catwoman will be good before reading it. Anyone else with me?

2 comments:

ShellyS said...

I'm with you. I've been looking forward to Catwoman since I finished last month's issue. But I've loved it since Brubaker. Pfeifer has just continued the excellence in grand fashion. :) Along with BoP, this is my fav OYL title.

Heidi Meeley said...

You have excellent taste! I have liked the new take on Catwoman, and enjoyed what I feel is a period of renewal for the character.

One Year later has been a mixed bag, but Catwoman has been a home run so far! I also agree about BoP. I love seeing Shiva and Dinah doing a bit of role reversal!