Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What Are You Dressing Up As for Halloween?


Sensational She-Hulk 55
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
On my blog entry yesterday, I talked about how each year we throw a Halloween party, and how we like to dress up. Well, that got some great responses from the lovely and refined RedHead Fangirl and from the always talented and thought-provoking Carl. It made me really think about what I want to dress up as.

I think I have it.

She-Hulk!

Why She-Hulk, you might ask? Well, she is one of my favorite Marvel characters. Also, I kind of like the idea of bring She-Hulk to the masses- at my work they only know about Bruce Banner. It might be fun to let non-comics readers know about Jen.

My other reason? She-Hulk is more my body type- more muscular. It seems like a natural fit. For two seconds I thought about dressing up as Power Girl, but decided the outfit is way too unforgiving for me!

What about the rest of you? What are you going to dress up as? Do you have any ideas that might help the rest of us that might not have decided yet?

Let's talk costumes.

6 comments:

Richard said...

For some years people have been wanting me to dress as Green Arrow, which was a real possibility when I was going out with a girl who looked like Black Canary. Now I'd just look silly.

I've also given some thought to dressing as Ron Stoppable, but it would mean having to shave off my beard. Also not an option.

Heidi Meeley said...

Green Arrow would be a fun costume choice. I don't neccesarily think that you would need a Black Canary to make it work. How about a Green Lantern or a Arsenal for a team up? Either that or stand alone as GA, and enjoy the buzz! :-)

Ron Stoppable is not a character I am familiar with. I do agree that having to shave the beard would be over the line if you like it the way it is.

You will have to let me know what you decide!

Ragnell said...

I'm tempted to go as Green Lantern. I've got the hair and build for a female Hal Jordan, I just need to find a green leotard.

Heidi Meeley said...

Ragnell, I think that would be great! Would a sporting equipment store have the green leotard? I don't know if it would take some kind of scuba gear, or if there is a full body suit for runners or cyclists.

You have my vote! Let me know if that is what you ultimately decide and how it goes.

Richard said...

GL leotards ahoy!

I have the legs for a female Green Arrow, but you don't see me bragging about that...for obvious reasons. And I'm still not shaving my beard.

Heidi Meeley said...

RAB- thank you for the link! That is just awesome!

Methinks that the beard is most certainly going to stay! You seem very fond of it. :-) My hubby wouldn't shave his off either!

As for the legs of a female GL, well, I will just leave that to the imagination!