Monday, February 11, 2008

New Comics for February 13


X-Factor #28
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
I am sorry to be a bit uneven in my blogging lately. As you may have seen here, I am in the full throes of a "Get in Shape" contest and the hours I am spending at the gym are insane. Tonight I got home at 8 p.m after logging an hour this morning and two and a half hours tonight. It will be like this until April 3 or 4 when I weigh out.

With that in mind, I want to send a shout out to my patient husband, who is having to spend a great deal of time not seeing me. He has been holding down the fort at home while I do cardio and lots of weight lifting and I really appreciate it.

This week's comics are not too bad. I am thinking of cutting a few more, but at present here is the list.

100 Bullets #88
American Virgin #23- Final issue!
Booster Gold #0
Countdown #11
Green Arrow Black Canary #5
Green Lantern Corps #21
Salvation Run #4 (of 7)
Suicide Squad Raise the Flag #6 (of 8)
Wonder Woman #17
Sword #5
Black Panther #34- possibly on the chopping block
Fantastic Four #554- also on said chopping block
New Avengers #38
Punisher War Journal #16- on chopping block
Ultimate Iron Man II #3 (of 4)
Wolverine #62- may not pick up; depends...
X-Factor #28 - see killer cover at right!
X-Force #1- maybe!

That is the list. I have three limited series in there that I am planning to not replace new books with and four books on the chopping block. My goal is to get my comic book bill under $20 a week. Crazy, huh? I still am trying very hard.

Have a wonderful evening! I will see you here tomorrow!

2 comments:

Eaglewing said...

I've read a few issues of Punisher War Journal, and as much as I love the Punisher, that title is just not doing it for me. Next to Ennis' version, it really fades. Kind of like having Kraft Dinner with steak. On it's own, Kraft Dinner isn't bad, but not when there's something so much better. Ok, that analogy went off the tracks somewhere, but I can understand you dropping the title.

Wolverine on the other hand, I think I'll check out to see how Jason Aaron does on a main, high profile book. If it wasn't him coming on board though, I'd say drop it, cause Wolverine has had a helluva time getting a good string of issues together. Sad, considering it's one of my faves.

Good luck on trimming it down to $20 a week. And kudos on maintaining the workout regimen. Sounds grueling. Me, I'd rather have steak and watch movies from the couch. But then I don't look like the Punisher either :)

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing, after being such a huge Punisher Max fan, I am a bit downtrodden by the War Journal series. It is okay, but I am really sold on the more hardcore version.

Wolverine was pretty good. I think I will keep it for the next few months and see what happens.

I am doing better at getting my bill down. The last two weeks have shown improvements and I continue to work on it.

As for the steak, I have actually still been eating red meat on my diet, in much defiance to conventional wisdom. Not every day, but I can't live without it. I look at it this way- it is protein, right? LOL!