She-Hulk 2 #26
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley
Quick question: Is anyone from the "East Side" of Washington State going to the Seattle Comicard show this weekend? If you are, would you e-mail me or leave me a comment here. I am looking to possibly carpool or make some kind of arrangement!
Looking at the cover I chose for this week, it is taking all I have got not to scream "Is this Gratuitous". I am going through serious withdrawals. LOL. I kinda like the expression on Shulkie's face and know of a certain fan of hers who will love this cover, so I am just going to reserve judgement at this time.
In the "not succeeding" in dropping books department, here is my list of books for the week!
Action Comics #862
All Star Batman and Robin #9
Army@Love #12- final issue of season
Crime Bible The Five Lessons of Blood #5 (of 5) - another 'Final"
Deathblow #9- yet another "Final"
Justice Society of America #13
Teen Titans #56
Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters #6 (of 8)
Captain America #35
She-Hulk 2 #26
Ultimate Spider-Man #119
X-Men Legacy #208
Dan Dare #4 (of 7)
That is the list. The good news is that three of the books are "final" issues, whether it be mini-series or series. Also, I am debating about dropping Teen Titans, so that is up in the air.
Have a nice evening! I will see you here tomorrow!
Teen Titans..yeah...don't really blame you there for that one.
Sean McKeever just doesn't have a great handle on the characters within TT and that first story arc...with the future Titans...really...was there even a point to all of that given the ending.
Maybe things will get better now that he is working on only this and is off of BoP. Who knows.
Sorry to hear about your family's loss from your previous post. Try not to spread yourself too thin, though. You need to keep your energy up! (yes, mother)
I feel kinda silly transitioning to comics, but at the same time, it's the weekly routine of these things that can sometimes serve as "comfort food" during tough times, right?
It's definitely one of my bigger weeks, though not quite as long as your list.
1. Action Comics: Is this still the Legion of Superheroes story? Time to start wrapping this up if it is. If not...nevermind. Liking Geoff Johns on the writing, but I kinda wish he'd smack us between the eyes like he does regularly on JSA and Green Lantern. The title needs some kind of dramatic jolt. Gary Frank's art's okay, although some of his faces look really gaunt and somewhat skeletal. Love his version of Superman, though...very remniscent of Christopher Reeve as Superman.
2. JSA: I always look forward to the new JSA. Geoff Johns "owns" this book moreso than any of his other titles.
3. Captain America- The story really seems to be picking up steam with Bucky as the new Cap. Nice to see Marvel modulating Tony Stark's potrayal away from the extremes of Civil War.
4. Thor- With JMS departing Marvel (for the most part), I hope he's replaced with someone more exciting. His writing's about as exciting as watching paint dry. This issue is supposedly the final "search for the lost Asgardians" issue, but I'm sure JMS will pad this plodding opener out as far as he can.
5. Zorro #1: Yeah, I know it came out last week...but I spaced it out, and I hope there are some copies left.
That's it for me! Take care, Heidi and Jim. We're thinking about you.
I say not gratuitous. Oh, was that even a question? Kinda looks like Mystique from her short lived series, but green, on that cover.
Nice list. I'll wait for Dan Dare as a trade if it's a miniseries. More ASBAR! Bring on crazy Batman and nice art. And isn't Criminal coming out this week? I *can't* miss that.
Nick, I have been very underwhelmed by Teen Titans to say the least. I just don't know what to think, and with cutting back on books, I have to go with what I like.
Maybe I just haven't read the right McKeever book?
Mark, thank you for the kind words. It has been a rough ride, but it will be okay.
As for talking about comics, I love the fact that you tell me what you are getting! It is always something I look forward to.
I forgot to pick up Zorro last week as well. Thank you for reminding me!
As for Action Comics, I am enjoying the quirkiness of it all. Odd but true. I really like the fact that Gary Frank has used Reeves as a model.
JSA and Cap are two of my consistently favorite reads. Excellent taste there!
I haven't read Thor yet, but might have to check it out!
Thank you again for your kindness. It means a lot to me.
Eaglewing, yeah, that is what I was thinking. The look on her face says "back off".
As for Dan Dare, it is really a unique, fun read. I kinda wish I would have waited for the trade because I think it will be more cohesive, but it is good stuff.
Yep, Criminal is coming out this week. I totally spaced. I am going to wait for the trade on that book because I heard rumors of crazy cool extras. We shall see...
They do it different on Criminal. Those crazy cool extras are only available in the monthlies. The collected trade does not have them. Surprised the hell out of me when I bought the first trade. Interesting tactic to sell monthlies though, and the story, art, and extras are probably worth it.
It’s a great cover! Of course I’m not much of a gun lover but I guess if she was pointing ‘em at me and said: “get on your knees bitch” I’d just have to comply!
You have a very nice comic blog. You're very keen in details. My site is up already hope you will check my comics directory site, it's nice I guarantee sunday comics directory
Post a Comment