Sunday, July 17, 2005

Random Musings on Sunday

Happy news- my hubby and I woke up to find that our lawn watering was back on! The city turns off our water for watering the lawn three days a week, which is the pits. We have the biggest lawn in the block, and when we can't water it all seven days, it starts to die. It is always a relief when the water comes back on, so that made me very happy.

Other happy news- I finished reading the newest Harry Potter book. I absolutely loved it! It really brought a focus to the previous five books, with several huge reveals and major character life changes. I am so pleased to see that the set up for the seventh and final book really makes for anticipation and curiosity, rather then a let down. I was so psyched by what I read that I went and got out the whole collection, and reread the first and second books. It really brought some things into focus that I didn't realize the first time around.

Sad news- It is unnaturally warm here, so we are sweltering. Jim and I have one small window air conditioner and rely on fans and a swamp cooler to do the rest. Jim doesn't mind, but I just hate it.

Since I got caught up in Harry Potter fever, I haven't really read many of my comics. Hopefully I can get through the rest of the books by week's end, so I can get back into the swing of things.

Take care!

No comments: