Sunday, July 24, 2005

Still Reeling...

Hey there! I am still reeling from my birthday, as Jim and I decided to make a weekend out of it. It definitely got better Friday night, and we kept going in an attempt to blot out Friday.

Friday night we went to Outback and I had a big ole' steak, which helped calm me down. Then we watched some television before calling it a night.

Saturday we slept in and proceeded to finish with house cleaning and grocery shopping. Because Jim pitched in a lot, it went relatively quickly. Thank you Honey!

Saturday night I had a joint birthday party with our friend Ben. I made two big trays of homemade nachos and we supplemented with KFC. No one starved, and we ended up having a wonderful time. We played "SCENEIT?", a game that plays clips of movies. It is our new favorite game as a group, and we hope to play it again soon! I had a few wine coolers and called it a night!

Today we ate another couple of trays of nachos to help get through the left overs. Our friend Brant came over and we went and saw "Wedding Crashers". OHMIGOD! That movie is so funny! It wasn't going to cure cancer, or make us smarter, but it sure made us laugh hard for two hours.

We went to Red Robin for dinner, and I had a wonderful chicken Caesar salad to make up for my bad eating habits on Saturday. Then we went to Borders and wandered aimlessly. I decided to buy "The New Teen Titans: Who Is Donna Troy?" even though I have all the original issues because I liked the presentation so much. We also went to Target and picked up Season 5 of South Park on DVD which made both of us very happy.

Now it's back here to relax and read some more Harry Potter. I am rereading the newest book again, and then it is back to comic book reading for me! I have just glanced at the last two week's piles, so I hope to get caught up and get some reviewing done again.

Take care, and have a wonderful week! Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my blog, so it will take an act of God to keep me away!

3 comments:

Carl said...

Well, Happy Birthday Heidi! Sorry I haven't been back lately to wish it on the actual day. Sounds like you had a good one too, glad to hear that. And happy days on the blog anny too. Seems like I just found you and James a couple days back. All my best...

Heidi Meeley said...

Thank you for the well-wishes! I really appreciate it. It seems like just yesterday to me too. We are both happy to have found you as well. Jim says to let you know he misses your insightful comments on his blog. He always felt you have been a voice of reason.

Take care!

Carl said...

Oooh thanks, I keep forgetting to check all my usual stops. Your bookmark is on top of my comics group. And then I get all depressed about no comic goodness and move on. Will stop by there asap...