Friday, July 29, 2005

Random Musings

I have read Wonder Woman #219 twice. I don't care what general consensus is; I don't care that there were five pencilers; I don't even care that it's way past my bed time- WW #219 kicked my ass and rocked my world. I can hardly wait to see what comes next. My favorite female character has gone from touchy-feely to Lita Ford in 2.5 seconds. Too cool to miss. Too bad Superman and Batman don't share my feelings. Bwah-hah-hah!

I went and rocked the treadmill tonight. After two straight weeks of Harry Potter madness and too many lukewarm workouts to count, it all clicked. I climbed the grade, starting at 5 and hitting 15, then back down. Damn, it felt good. I wish I could win the lottery so I could get that kind of adrenaline rush every day on my own terms. To top it off, the gym was near empty so I had my pick of weight machines. Nirvana!

Jim and I got home tonight and did the whole veg thing. He also did a great piece on Wizard and it's place in the industry. Go take a look at www.thecomicasylum.blogspot.com to see what I mean.

To cap off the day, I went to iTunes and downloaded some new stuff. I have eclectic tastes that run from Metal to Rap and back to Pop and Soul, so my iPod is a contradiction. Tonight "Helena" by My Chemical Romance, "Get It Poppin" by Fat Joe, "Cool" by Gwen Stefani, and "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar were what felt right.

Also, I have been watching RockStar INXS, so I listened to some of their songs. It reminded me of being in college and blasting Shabooh Shabaah at top volume to annoy my neighbors. It seems like yesterday, even though I know it was, like 20 years ago!

The other thing I was remembering was being the first in my dorm to buy and listen to Guns'N'Roses "Appetite for Destruction" and buying two posters from an ad in Metal Edge before anyone else could plaster them on their walls. Oh memories! The only thing missing is a half rack of Coors Light and shots of Southern Comfort followed by puking and heavy gossip, finished off with some kind of mayhem that we could commiserate about at McDonalds the next day! To think that a Big Mac, large fries, and a 32oz coke were the ultimate hangover cure then. If I ate that today, I would weigh 300 pounds!

Now that we have the trip down memory lane out of the way, it is back to comic reading and bed. I am up past my bed time to be sure.

Tomorrow is sleep in day and another workout. I have to keep my focus on the Stay In Shape contest instead of the pop tarts I keep fantasizing about. If the day goes as planned, Jim and I will go see "The Devil's Rejects" at the Downtown Plaza, or the ghetto theatre, as we like to call it.

Have a wonderful weekend! Take care!

1 comment:

Heidi Meeley said...

I know- the memories that we keep as dormant as possible in order to leave grown-up lives are some of the most fun! The things I did, and the amount of alcohol I consumed are not a point of pride in my everyday existence, but damn if they don't make me smile in a secretive way. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

It is interesting to think that I first saw Motley Crue at the Starry Night Club in Portland, OR back in 1983 and have seen them five more times since. I used to think I was pretty cool but now I figure I am one of those old farts that scare and disgust the "Britney Spears" age chicks.

Too wild, huh? One of these days I will tell you about going backstage at Great White/Whitesnake. Holy Crap!