Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Are You Ready for the Next Seattle Comicard Convention?


Team Comics Fairplay
Originally uploaded by Heidi Meeley.
Here at Comics Fairplay, we are really excited about the upcoming Seattle Comicard Convention on Sunday, June 3. The reason is that we are going to be guests at the show! I haven't said anything before, but I have recently become an editor for QEW Publishing working on a top secret project. I am really excited to be working for such a great team!

As part of QEW, I will be at the show. Jim will be there as well representing Comics Fairplay. We are indebted to Quenton Shaw of QEW and to Steve Miner, who runs the show. We are really looking forward to being there.

On another note, we are really excited because artist Ben Hansen did this supremely cool piece for us. I am still overwhelmed that he has created such a beautiful piece of art, and can't thank him enough. Ben is a really great guy with an insane amount of talent, and we are really happy to see that he will be at the show as well. If you get a chance, check out his work and buy his prints. He will also have original art at the show for the first time ever. I can hardly wait to see it!

The Seattle Comicard show is Sunday, June 3 at the Seattle Center Rainier Room. It runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and we would love to see you there. Mark your calendars!

2 comments:

Carl said...

Very tired and been so busy. Went from Spiderman 3 IMAX preview on Thursday, then to work on Friday, moving loads of heavy stuff and getting ready for Toys'R'Us bigwigs, then to FCBD at my shop. Then came back, helped load the truck and went to the con site to help set up the RMC booth. Then on Sunday, Tampacon, where I helped with the finishing touches, made a few sales, shopped till I was down to $21 bucks and also came in 2nd in the costume contest. My costume as you can see was the Punisher's arch-enemy, Jigsaw (which you can see in my new profile picture)! Had a blast and then back to work Monday and today took the bride and girls to see Spiderman 3 for their first viewing. Sorry to hear you guys haven't seen it yet (unless that changed and I missed you noting that). I haven't read any of my comics since forever and pretty brain dead. If I was smart, I'd go to bed instead of being on the net. Hope you guys have a good time at Seattle C-Con and all is well...

Heidi Meeley said...

Carl, you are an insanely busy guy! I don't know how you do it all! I am in awe.

Take care of yourself, okay?

I am glad to hear that you got to go to Spider-Man 3. I am really looking forward to it either this weekend or next!

Thank you for all your well wishes! I need to head over to your My Space again and look at all your pics!