Tuesday, September 16, 2008

100 Bullets Still Amazes


I know I sound like a broken record, but 100 Bullets kicks complete and total ass. I just got done reading issue #95 and it was a shocker in the best sense of the word.


As the series races towards it's conclusion with issue #100, the Trust and Minutemen are upping the ante for violence and mayhem. Writer Brian Azzarello and artist Eduardo Risso have kept the readers guessing while thoroughly entertaining them. This series has become the book upon which I measure all others for quality. Azzarello and Risso are a cohesive unit that harkens back to the days of Ennis and Dillon on Preacher- they are just that good.


I know that many of you haven't read 100 Bullets, and that is cool. I just hope to plant the seed to encourage you to pick up the first trade when you have a the money and the time. It is well worth the price of admission.


This issue was so good that I didn't even mind that it kept me hanging from last issue's events. That being said, I wish the next issue would hurry up and come out because I am in total suspense!

2 comments:

John Holland said...

Ok, ok, I'm going to have to try this book. Some reason it passed under my radar and I never picked up a trade. I'll have to give it a try, you've turned me on to some good series, so I trust your judgement.

Heidi Meeley said...

John, I think you would like it. Thank you for the kind words!