Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back Home Again

Yay! I am home again! After spending the last three and a half days in Reno at a trade show, it feels good to be here. My bed felt comfy and it was nice to be in my familiar environment. Now if my luggage will ever show up, life will be perfect!

Yep. My luggage got lost. My coworker and I made the drive from Seattle home last night with just my purse. That was stressful. I got home at 1 a.m. and showered and went to bed. I just got a call an hour ago telling me that my luggage is found and is on a shuttle of sorts to my house. That is a huge relief!

We stayed at the Peppermill in Reno and it was pretty decent. I was fortunate enough to have my own room, and it had a view at night. My only complaint it the usual one- as a non-smoker, it was annoying to have every bit of my body smelling like cigarette smoke. I will have to wash every article of clothing I took, even if I didn't wear it. Sorry smokers, but it just frustrates me!

On that note, I am going to go try and catch up with stuff around the house. Laundry, more laundry, paying bills, cleaning, and the usual tomfoolery! Have a good day!

4 comments:

John Holland said...

Welcome Back!

Eaglewing said...

welcome back to the laundry and bills (boo, hiss :) Totally with you on the smoke thing - can't take it either.

Heidi Meeley said...

John- thank you very much! I am happy to be back!

Heidi Meeley said...

Eaglewing, thank you! LOL. I hate to be dissing on smokers, but I can't take the smoke in an enclosed space at all. Call me a wuss, but it makes my eyes tear up, my nose plug up, and in general makes me upset with the smell that invades my clothes. :-)

Take care!