Saturday, January 08, 2005

Let It Snow

I am sitting here at work lamenting that it snowed four to five inches yesterday. I hate how my fellow mankind drives in it, and I hate it when my feet get wet. Needless to say, getting up to work an extra Saturday didn't exactly thrill me after already putting in 60 hours and knowing my hubby could sleep in!

On a more positive note, I am absolutely bowled over by the fantastic art by Greg Land on X-Men: Phoenix #1. I think he has moved to my number one artist for the day. It is funny because over at Newsarama there is lots of drama about this issue selling out, but after looking at the art, it is a no-brainer. I would imagine a great deal of customers picked it up on the fly, causing a major disturbance in the comic force.

Otherwise I haven't gotten very far in my new comic book pile because I was inspired to pull out the entire Grant Morrison run on New X-Men and read it. I finished issue #132 before I fell asleep last night. Man, in my book, Morrison is a cut above. I like his dry wit and fantastic storytelling. His run is a benchmark in my opinion.

At any rate, it's back to work for me. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Carl said...

Snow? Hmmmmmm, I haven't seen that in a bit. Still, after last hurricane season, I might not be bothered by a bit of snow, though my cold tolerance has definitely been blunted...
Yep, I got the "Phoenix: Endsong" book mostly on your positive take on it. Scott had a picture on the store's pc that was even better then the cover, Phoenix in blue, skintight costume that looked painted on. And it looked almost real, breath-taking. And the book is pretty damned good too. Probably ought to get a couple more copies, everytime I don't they go up like mad...

Heidi Meeley said...

I am glad you enjoyed it! I have reread the book four times and am very excited to see what comes next. Land's art is unreal.

It is totally sold out around here, so grab those issues fast!

I originally come from Portland, Oregon and we had way more rain then snow, so it is not my comfort zone. I can drive in it, but I am never really at ease. Watching it snow again today envokes two responses. It is beautiful, but it is also wet and cold!