Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Liefeld perpetuates his own image

I don't know how many of you read "Lying in the Gutters" over at Comic Book Resources, but the guy that does the column, Rich Johnston, has a good bead on the industry, and usually has the best gossip. This week's column has a great bit about Rob Liefeld. It has some editorializing that is much needed- I hope Rob reads it himself for some self-truth.

You can find it at:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

What do you think?

2 comments:

Carl said...

Hmmmmphfffff, I don't know about "unique look" or whatever he was supposed to have had. Clone his look? Sheesh, him and the other Image lamers did nothing but clone every character in Marvel! If I live to be million years old and he does too, I will never, ever buy one of his books, not even on a bet. I seriously don't know how the guy still has a job in the industry...

Heidi Meeley said...

I agree with you completely. I have never been a fan of his style, and do not ever pick up his stuff. I am especially disgusted by his lateness and lack of follow through. He is a disapointment to me, and the perfect example of what not to do in comics.

If I did what Rob does, I would lose my job in a New York Minute. It is this lack of respect he so blatantly displays to readers that is most appalling.