Saturday, March 04, 2006

Get In Shape Weigh In: Week 6

Well here it is. I am at the half way mark at my gym's "Get In Shape" contest. The event runs 12 weeks and my initial weight loss goal was 2 lbs a week for a total of 24 lbs of weight loss. I also wanted to build muscle mass during this time and decrease my body fat by a minimum of 10%.

Here is where I am in the program.

This week's weight loss: 2 lbs

Total weight loss: 11 lbs

This is a good week in that I lost my goal amount, but it means I am one pound behind my ultimate goal. What this means is that I need to maintain the intensity and keep on track, hoping that my body will compensate before the end.

One thing I know I don't want to do is to resort to fasting or colon cleansing to get the job done. While either of these would help me to make up the weight loss, I really feel they are short term fixes and I am out for a long term health benefit.

Take care today!

No comments: